Big Baby Hopes To Return To Celtics

Glen Davis would prefer to remain with the Celtics, and dislikes that insecurity that comes along with free agency.

"I'm eager and kind of curious," said Davis. "I don't know where I'm going to be. I like security. Not knowing where I'm going to be is scary. But at the end of the day, I'm in a good position where I'm going to make more money.

"I'll be very excited to come back to the Celtics or go to a team where I might start. Wherever I'm at, I'll be happy."

In his season season, Davis averaged 7.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in 21.5 minutes for Boston.

His numbers spiked up to 15.8 points and 5.6 rebounds during the postseason.

"If I'm on a team where it's tough to get wins, a young team, I'd love to start," said Davis. "But if it's a championship-caliber team, I'd love to come off the bench. It depends on where I am. I'd love to come off the bench behind KG. But if not, I'd love to start, too."

Celtics president Danny Ainge has said that the team will extend a qualifying offer to Davis, ensuring that he'll be a restricted free agent.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60145/20090628/big_baby_hopes_to_return_to_celtics/

• Owner

I don't know why they wouldn't bring him back, especially with Garnett's knee troubles and their thin frontcourt. How is Leon Powe coming along? I believe it was his knee that knocked him out of the first round the year he was drafted.

And Davis slimming down won't be a problem. He wants to shoot more than bang down low, anyways.

• Owner

The earliest Powe may return is at LEAST after All-Star break (from what I've heard) and the chances of that are very slim (supposedly).

If there's any truth to that (from the source you heard it from), he's missing the entire 09-10 season.

This would be huge, signing Big Baby to a large contract, getting him out of Free Agency early in the off season, preventing any team from making an offer for him. If they can lock him up along with Powe, and keep Rondo out of useless trade rumors, they won't be in a huge hole after the Big 3 retire.

This would be huge, signing Big Baby to a large contract, getting him out of Free Agency early in the off season, preventing any team from making an offer for him. If they can lock him up along with Powe, and keep Rondo out of useless trade rumors, they won't be in a huge hole after the Big 3 retire.

They need to lock up those two A.S.A.P. they are vital to the Celtics getting banner 18.

Exactly, KG won't be playing a full 82 game season anymore, they need Glen playing heavy minutes once again if they don't make any moves in the off season. I still cannot believe Danny put Rondo on the block still, it's so foolish of him.

Exactly, KG won't be playing a full 82 game season anymore, they need Glen playing heavy minutes once again if they don't make any moves in the off season. I still cannot believe Danny put Rondo on the block still, it's so foolish of him.

Ainge was smoking crack for even thinking about trading Rondo.

Big Baby To Receive Qualifying Offer From Celtics

Danny Ainge confirmed Monday that the Celtics will make a qualifying offer to forward Glen Davis.

By virtue of that, if another NBA team were to sign Davis, a restricted free agent, to an offer sheet, Boston would have seven days to match it.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60182/20090629/big_baby_to_receive_qualifying_offer_from_celtics/

It be a good fit if Celtics could retain Big Baby Davis. Would LA still be scared of Celtics then no. Cause we should bring back Odom and Ariza and on top of that Nate Robinson as reports are saying Lakers are the front runners in bringing Nate Robinson to LA.

It be a good fit if Celtics could retain Big Baby Davis. Would LA still be scared of Celtics then no. Cause we should bring back Odom and Ariza and on top of that Nate Robinson as reports are saying Lakers are the front runners in bringing Nate Robinson to LA.

Oh. You will be dont worry