Nuggets listening to offers for Carmelo

magicbalala245

The Denver Nuggets' resistance to trading star forward Carmelo Anthony is fading away, according to sources with knowledge of Denver's thinking.

The Nuggets still aren't aggressively shopping Anthony and haven't withdrawn their longstanding offer of a contract extension, but numerous sources told ESPN.com that Denver officials have in recent days let other teams know for the first time that they will listen to pitches after previously resisting such discussions.

"I'm not sure how soon, but I do think they're going to trade him [between now and February]," said one rival GM.

Said another source briefed on Denver's plans: "There's no doubt they are working on it. Eventually they're going to pull the trigger. "

Reports have persisted for weeks that Anthony, who can become a free agent at the end of the coming season, wants out.

ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported Aug. 16 that it was "a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways," while CBSSports.com quoted "multiple sources" last week as saying that the 26-year-old "has not wavered in his desire to be dealt" and that the New Jersey Nets are making the hardest active pitch for Anthony.

Nuggets for the first time are now making Carmelo Anthony available. So now that he is available for the first time according to ESPN Marc Stein & Chad Ford how long is it before Melo is eventually traded. And after all those Chicago rumors it's still the New Jersey Nets making the hardest active pitch for Melo.

Edited by magicbalala245

Favors for Melo should get it done, it all really depends how confident they are they can beat out New York in the off-season for him, if they are unsure they should just get it done now if he will sign an extension. Nuggets would be so lucky to get a deal like that. They should just tell New York, Gallo+Chandler+First and Curry right now, they won't get better than that... and if New York won't offer that, then I don't know what to say.

• Owner

They should just tell New York, Gallo+Chandler+First and Curry right now, they won't get better than that... and if New York won't offer that, then I don't know what to say.

The Knicks are doing everything they can to keep Gallinari. I'm sure they'll break, eventually, but the idea is to bring Melo to New York, team him with Amare, Gallo and Felton, and run teams out of the building.

They are probably still comfortable right now, because they believe Carmelo will either get his trade to NY, or stay in Denver until July, and he'll walk.

Problem is, Denver is more likely to trade him each day that passes, and I think the Knicks will end up breaking and offering Gallinari.

They should just tell New York, Gallo+Chandler+First and Curry right now, they won't get better than that... and if New York won't offer that, then I don't know what to say.

DUde you keep making your own theories... won't get better than that? You know Phokorov is laughing at your post?

You know Nets have offered us Harris and Favors? Favors alone trumps any package Knicks can offer us... dude smh you don't know anything. Stay out of these CBA things, cuz you're telling everyone they don't know what they're talking about when you're the one who don't. Stop it dude... it stinks like puke.

Nothing against Gallinari though, I love kid's game, I think he can be an All Star, not sure a superstar. But Melo is a franchise player and is only 26, in or entering his prime.

Rather than settle for a 7.0/ 10 score (Gallinari), I'd rather go with a risk and take Favors... the kid can potentially be a superstar (a hybrid of Dwight and pre-injury Amare) a 9.5+/10 score... or be a complete bust like Stromile Swift. But I'd rather take a risk than settle for a 7.0/ 10 score.

DUde you keep making your own theories... won't get better than that? You know Phokorov is laughing at your post?

You know Nets have offered us Harris and Favors? Favors alone trumps any package Knicks can offer us... dude smh you don't know anything. Stay out of these CBA things, cuz you're telling everyone they don't know what they're talking about when you're the one who don't. Stop it dude... it stinks like puke.

Lol quality post as usual. If the Nets HAVE offered that, and Nuggets declined, I really don't know what to say, the Nuggets must be run by chimps. Just because the Nets 'have' those assets, does not mean they have been offered up.

Edited by travesy3

The Knicks are doing everything they can to keep Gallinari. I'm sure they'll break, eventually, but the idea is to bring Melo to New York, team him with Amare, Gallo and Felton, and run teams out of the building.

They are probably still comfortable right now, because they believe Carmelo will either get his trade to NY, or stay in Denver until July, and he'll walk.

Problem is, Denver is more likely to trade him each day that passes, and I think the Knicks will end up breaking and offering Gallinari.

I don't know why they are so hesitant, that team is winning 50 games and Gallo/Chandler are 2nd rate prospects as far as I am concerned.

Lol quality post as usual. If the Nets HAVE offered that, and Nuggets declined, I really don't know what to say, the Nuggets must be run by chimps. Just because the Nets 'have' those assets, does not mean they have been offered up.

Dude stfu pls... you don;t know anything bout the whole thing but pretend you do... Nets made this offer when Nuggets were still GM-less... and even shortly after Ujiri (new GM)'s hiring, Nuggets said they're still not prepared to trade Melo... wanting to convince him to stay. One week later (now) they say they're gonna listen to offers.

The way you talk about the situation you would think you were an insider, if the Nets made that offer and it isn't done, then your franchise is run by idiots. You don't need a GM to make an obvious deal, I doubt the Nets would make an offer while they were GM-less anyways lol.

I still doubt Nets have offered Favors, just because analysts say it is a possibility doesn't mean it has been offered up officially yet.

^Yea trusted rumors that is, but you kept acting like they should be dismissed... these are rumors coming from highly regarded NBA sources like Stein, Bucher, Broussard, Wojnarowski, Ford.

All sources that get handsomely paid to tell "rumors" for a living. Why do they get paid handsomely? Because they are NBA insiders and DO have connections with teams' officials/ executives.

If they had been from a tabloid or some girl magazine, then I'd understand where you're coming from.

Are you telling we all are dummies to trust these sources? And of all things, you also want us to trust your "take" on the matter instead? Gimme a break...

Dude go eat pizza, sleep and wake up tomorrow. And I do mean WAKE UP, don't leave a portion of your soul, like your brain out when you wake up.

I've never seen a poster like you, total moron and proud of being it.

Keep saying Stein, Bucher, Broussard, Wojnarowski, Ford... guys who get paid handsomely to report NBA stuff, who ALL SAY THE SAME THING about the situation... wrong. You keep saying they're wrong and your own take on the matter right... dude

http://360waves.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/rock.gif

http://360waves.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/craig.gif

http://360waves.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/smh1.gif

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

Broussard was the first to say his sources told him LeBron was going to the Heat and he stuck with it all the way until The Decision.

To the smartest poster: Nitro and RD constantly challenged my views because my views are worth challenging, unlike your views which are not worth going for in the first place lol

You guys' thinking continues to amaze me... these are no Bleacher Report, New York Post, tabloid writers, they are legit NBA insiders. They don't post rumors every day wishing and hoping they turn out true.

Come to think of it, I think I should stop because you keep saying the stupidest things by saying Stein and these guys hold little credibility. Gimme a break. If you guys think you can do a better job than these guys, why not offer for a position? They command huge salary, living a multi-million dollar lifestyle.

The Nets are not offering Derrick Favors in a package for Carmelo Anthony, at least according to Avery Johnson.

"One of the agreements we made was, 'If you don't hear me say anything about you then it's not accurate,'" Johnson said, before discrediting an ESPN report stating the Nets were offering Favors in a package for Anthony.

"You know how it works out. One story or one source hits the wire and then it just goes crazy."

I still doubt Nets have offered Favors, just because analysts say it is a possibility doesn't mean it has been offered up officially yet.

Idiot.

Are you this naive or just stupid? Every GM and coach will DENY any trade rumor about their players, especially those that have not happened yet, and especially when they involve their first year players... it's to get the players' focus right and avoid the feeling of being unwanted.

Dude, worry about the Raptors cuz you don't know these stuff like you pretend you do.

Not sure which thread it was that that billionaire kid called me an idiot for suggesting fantasies on salaries being potentially rolled back, but I think this is worth posting so he can eat my dick.

Ken Berger raises the point that the institution of a hard salary cap in the NBA would likely require that existing contracts be amended to fit beneath the new maximum-salary contract figure.

Without exceptions that allow teams to exceed the cap, a team like the Miami Heat would have difficulty fielding a 12-man roster unless the contracts of LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade are reduced.

If a hard cap is established under the new CBA, a would-be 2011 free agent like Carmelo Anthony could sign a contract extension during the current season only to have that extension amended and rolled back when the new CBA takes effect next summer.

Honestly, maybe now you won't be so quick to dismiss someone else's opinion just because it doesn't agree with yours. Or maybe I should just be a sports 'expert' :lol:

You're gonna say Stein, Wojnarowski, Bucher, Ford, Broussard wrong... 5 guys who've covered NBA stories for years with legitimate accuracy, yet gonna believe one Ken Berger?

Dude... Berger just took whatever Ted Leonsis said and ran with the story.

Until Stein, Woj, Broussard say the same thing, I won't believe it.