Chargers Reject Several Offers For Jackson As Deadline Passes

ChosenOne

The San Diego Chargers have rejected several trade offers for wide receiver Vincent Jackson, letting the Wednesday deadline to trade him pass without making a deal.

The NFL and the NFL Players Association had agreed to a 4 p.m. ET deadline for San Diego to trade Jackson, which would have allowed him to be active by the fifth week of the regular season. Jackson is under a three-game suspension for past DUI offenses. When he did not sign his restricted free-agent tender, the Chargers placed Jackson on an exempt list, which prohibited him from playing for three more weeks.

By letting Wednesday's deadline pass, the Chargers will keep Jackson on the exempt list for the first six weeks of the season. San Diego still can trade him by the Oct. 19 trade deadline.

"We had multiple offers, and the Chargers squashed them all," said Jonathan Feinsod, one of Jackson's agents.

The Minnesota Vikings were willing to give up a second-round draft choice and an additional conditional pick to the Chargers, a source said. Another source said Jackson had even worked out a financial package with the Vikings.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said he would trade Jackson only if he received the right value and he would make a trade only with a team of his choosing.

The Vikings, according to the source, called every three days to express interest. In trade conversations, Smith expressed a willingness to consider offers of a second- and third-round choice or possibly a second- and fourth-round choice, knowing Jackson would be available for a maximum of 12 games and could face a lengthy suspension if he had another DUI.

ESPN.com

I am sorta disappointed, but I am sure he will be gone by the week 6 trade deadline.

I think the Redskins are still trying to put together an offer for him. We could definitely use him as we gear towards our potential playoff run (I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I feel somewhat confident).

They should have traded him, their asking price was way too high, now they're probably looking at a third rounder.

I think the Redskins are still trying to put together an offer for him. We could definitely use him as we gear towards our potential playoff run (I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I feel somewhat confident).

They should have traded him, their asking price was way too high, now they're probably looking at a third rounder.

Jackson & Moss would be sick.

Jackson & Moss would be sick.

Yeah it's something I've been pushing for ever since these VJax out of San Diego reports first came out. We lost out on Boldin, Owens (although I was never pushing for that disaster), and Houshmanzadeh. We need a reliable passing attack now more than ever due to our terrible backfield.