Orlando Magic plan to offer Dwight Howard contract extension this summer

bigdog17k

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

Magic to offer Dwight Howard extension

The Orlando Magic plan to offer Dwight Howard a contract extension in summer 2011, a year before he can opt for free agency, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"We want Dwight to be in a Magic uniform for as long as he plays basketball," Smith said, according to the Sentinel. "That's in the best interest of our franchise and, we hope, it is in the best interest of Dwight."

Smith said Howard has indicated he wants to remain in Orlando, the Sentinel reported.

When asked about his future on Monday, Howard grinned and said, "I plan on being here forever," according to the report. "I love Orlando."

Full Article

:D

I think he'll stay because they can still get Chris Paul, and you know much they'd love to play together and at the same time be in the same state as Miami. Then they could own the league in Florida potentially, having the ECF there. I think it'd be a cool rivalry actually. I can't see Dwight leaving unless a team like OKC found a way to get him. Westbrook, Durant, Dwight would be sick.

I think he'll stay because they can still get Chris Paul, and you know much they'd love to play together and at the same time be in the same state as Miami. Then they could own the league in Florida potentially, having the ECF there. I think it'd be a cool rivalry actually. I can't see Dwight leaving unless a team like OKC found a way to get him. Westbrook, Durant, Dwight would be sick.

I'm really hoping they get CP3 too. I think out of all the potential duo's/trio's that'd easily be the most deadly. Definitely would give Miami a helluva run for their money.

I also doubt OKC could ever snag Howard. Howard's a big-time personality and OKC is too small for it. Even though Orlando isn't really a big city outside of Disney/Universal, it is still beautiful and gets exposure.