Raptors Pursuing Diaw (Again)

Nestle Snipes

As for who could be headed south to Charlotte, the report does not say. Jose Calderon would be a salary match, although he has a longer term deal the Bobcats may not want. It could be a package of players such as Jarrett Jack and Reggie Evans, but again the question is how much do the Bobcats want to spend long term (Jack has three years left on his deal).

Still, the talks are going on.[/Quote]

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/raptors-trying-to-trade-for-boris-diaw.php

Only deal I'd even remotely consider if I was in Colangelo's position would be a straight Diaw for Calderon swap, and only because Diaw's contract is one year shorter than Calderon's. Even then, I'd almost just rather have Calderon for an extra year.

If the Raptors have to give up Jarrett Jack and a $5M expiring deal so that they can acquire Diaw, I'll absolutely hate it. He brings nothing worthwhile to the team and is is even worse shape than Turkoglu was last season.

Only deal I'd even remotely consider if I was in Colangelo's position would be a straight Diaw for Calderon swap, and only because Diaw's contract is one year shorter than Calderon's. Even then, I'd almost just rather have Calderon for an extra year.

If the Raptors have to give up Jarrett Jack and a $5M expiring deal so that they can acquire Diaw, I'll absolutely hate it. He brings nothing worthwhile to the team and is is even worse shape than Turkoglu was last season.

The only person I'd want is Jack but his current deal is a little too long term for me so I don't see this happening unless a third team gets involved.