NBA To Ban Mock Turtlenecks Worn By Coaches

Poe

The NBA is implementing a dress code upon its coaches this season.

Coaches can no longer wear mock turtlenecks under their suit jacket, as they will be required to wear a collared shirt.

"I want them to at least name the rule after me," Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "Somebody has their Bird rights. Larry Bird got that rule named after him. I want it to be the Van Gundy Rule."

"I don't like that," Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "I really like Stan's style. I thought Stan really set the bar for the dress code. I think he should stay with that. I think it's nice."

Source

Pretty soon, all coaches will have to wear the same colors, and all players will have to have the same haircuts.

Edited by Poe

Who cares? Just about every other job in the world has some sort of uniform policy, and those people are winning a whole lot less than anyone involved in the NBA. I seriously doubt it even bothers players and coaches that much.

• Like 3

Who cares? Just about every other job in the world has some sort of uniform policy, and those people are winning a whole lot less than anyone involved in the NBA. I seriously doubt it even bothers players and coaches that much.

Tell me about it.

To even add to that, how many coaches in the NBA didn't wear a suit and tie in the first place? I can think of two off of the top of my head, and one of them (Don Nelson) is no longer coaching. Is it really that big of a deal that Stan Van Gundy has to throw on a tie before a game? I'm sure he can live with it.

NBA starting to look a lot like a communist regime right now..

more like totalitarian regime. nice job knowing the difference between the two though, wouldn't expect any better from you though. Actual communism doesn't control everyone's private lives

• Like 1

more like totalitarian regime. nice job knowing the difference between the two though, wouldn't expect any better from you though. Actual communism doesn't control everyone's private lives

Way to nitpick...