Wizards Giving Morrison Opportunities With Howard Out

Poe

With Josh Howard recovering from a knee injury, Adam Morrison will have a chance at the beginning of the season to grab minutes at the small forward position with the Wizards.

"I like Adam's ability to knock down shots. I like his size," Flip Saunders said of Morrison. "He's going to have a good opportunity. If he can make open shots, it might be beneficial to what we're looking for."

But Morrison said he is no longer concerned with trying to meet the expectations of being the third overall pick.

"I'm just trying to make a team," Morrison said, "but we still got a month left in training camp. We've got a ways to go. I don't really have to live up to anybody except my parents and my family that I have. That's the only people I have to live up to."

Source

Wall - Arenas - Morrison - Blatche - McGee? :o

I watched him at the George Mason training camps, can't say I was too impressed with him. He had one great and1 highlight play, but for the most part I saw him getting crossed up pretty badly and failing to knock down most of his open jumpers. I wouldn't really consider him a "replacement" for Howard, but more-so an injury reserve player in case both Howard AND Thornton can't play.

Unless you've seen Thornton play night in and night out you really can't imagine how bad of a player he is. I'm sure you can look at the stats and say "well he's not that bad" but he is, the guy has like no basketball IQ what-so-ever. Wouldn't be shocking for me if Ammo did start the season at SF.

Unless you've seen Thornton play night in and night out you really can't imagine how bad of a player he is. I'm sure you can look at the stats and say "well he's not that bad" but he is, the guy has like no basketball IQ what-so-ever. Wouldn't be shocking for me if Ammo did start the season at SF.

Can't think of any coach in the league who would willingly start Morrison over Thornton, but that's just me...