SVG will start various line ups during offseason

Poe

Big, small, finesse, physical — it doesn't matter. The Orlando Magic will be prepared to stop lineups of any shape or size this season.

The Magic plan to throw out a different starting lineup in almost every game this preseason, making sure they're ready to go with any combination of five players.

Rashard Lewis will start preseason games at the three and the four. Marcin Gortat will get minutes at power forward alongside Dwight Howard. Vince Carter and J.J. Redick will share the floor.

The Magic have as much depth and versatility as any team in the league — and they hope to use that more this year.

"I think we should do those things and be prepared to go bigger when we need it," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "And I think there are other times where we need to go smaller. I think we have a roster that should be able to do all of those things."

Van Gundy stressed that he's not trying to throw stuff out that works. He's just trying to be prepared for anything, including big lineups such as the Lakers', Celtics' and Spurs'.

"At different times, different things are the way to go," Van Gundy said.

Source

I can imagine some line ups like: Nelson - Carter - Lewis - Gortat - Howard, or Nelson - Redick - Carter - Anderson - Bass. I can see them taking advantage of having possibly the best bench in the league to create completely different line ups.