Arenas and Wall building chemistry

Arenas created a bit of stir after John Wall's thrilling preseason debut when he said that his new role with the Wizards is to "teach John the ins and outs of the game, and eventually go on and move on." When asked what he meant when he said, "move on," Arenas replied, "This is the NBA. There's few players that stay in the same city, so right now the city is John's. I'm not here to fight anybody. I'm here to play alongside of him. He's Batman, I'm Robin. When I came in, Larry [Hughes] moved aside for me to become a star and I'm moving aside for him to become a star."

Arenas said he isn't looking to go anywhere, or seeking a trade; he is content serving as a mentor to Wall and the other young Wizards as one of the few veterans on the roster. He said he simply meant that he would move on when his deal ends, not before it.

"I've got four years left," Arenas said, "and that's it. That's all I was saying."

"I haven't seen a situation where you have two good guards and it doesn't work out," Arenas said. "When you have good players, it works out."

Arenas said was merely stating the obvious: It is Wall's team now. He's a veteran role player around to show him the ropes and help him become a star. "I had my time," Arenas said.

He said he's at a point in his career that whenever he opens his mouth and leaves his words open to interpretation, people will always look for the negative spin. He said it's one of the reasons that he stopped blogging and making himself so accessible to the media.

I can concur with what ESPN.com's Marc Stein wrote today that the Wizards don't have any trades in the works, regarding Arenas. He has three years and $60 million left on his deal after this season, which would make him difficult to move anyway -- especially since Arenas has only played 47 games the past three seasons because of injuries and his 50-game suspension.

Wall said on Tuesday that he and Arenas have developed a good report. The two have been spotted regularly cracking jokes with each other.

"We need people to root for us," Arenas said. "Don't go against us. Root for us!"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/10/gilbert-arenas-says-he-is-not.html#more

It's nice to know where Arenas stands with this situation, but I'm sure trade rumors and speculation will continue to pop up till the deadline.