Hakeem Olajuwon & Dwight Howard Training Sessions 2010

htown11

Hahah good to see these two working together. Olajuwon has helped quite a few superstars already, Dwight could certainly make some vast improvements on the offensive end and really learn a lot from Dream.

Great stuff here...

Edited by htown11

Great to see Dwight working with Hakeem, learning from absolutely the best post player I've ever seen (skill-wise). Even in his 40's Hakeem's moves are quick and silky smooth. I really, really hope Dwight gets comfortable with a few of those moves and actually shows them come game-time.

I was also very surprised to see Dwight actually had a decent shooting touch on some of those 8-12ft jumpers.

Ewing has tried to develop a little jumper with Dwight from what I've heard. I've only seen him use it in a few games though. I hope Dwight gets comfortable with it, and can pull up from time to time. But yeah working with Hakeem is awesome, I really hope he learned some post stuff. I'm excited for this season.

• Owner

This is good to see. He really needs to put in the work.

I can't really say he's a poor scorer, because he can throw down (take note of how I put that) 20 points per night. The problem is, when someone says that Howard is a poor offensive player, there's a difference. The greater offensive players do more than just score, and when they do score buckets, it's done in multiple ways. They also work extremely well out of the post, drawing doubles and finding the open shooter.

Howard is still lacking post moves, still has choppy footwork, still has poor mechanics. His decision-making in the post is iffy. Scoring the ball by dunking or pulling down o-boards, he can do it. Otherwise, feeding him in the post? If the opposing team has a strong center with a solid base, you stop Howard by his physical presence, keeping Dwight over five feet from the rim. It's a problem he'll need to fix if he wants to be the go-to guy down the stretch in championship runs.