Dumars: No More Drama For Pistons

Pistons president Joe Dumars says that he won't put the team in a position to have to deal with "drama" ever again.

Dumars used the 15th overall pick on Austin Daye, a soft-spoken forward out of Gonzaga. He couldn't be more different than Allen Iverson, who Dumars was undoubtedly referring to with his comments.

"Never again will I allow us to be in a position where we're dealing with issues, where we're dealing with drama," said Dumars.

Detroit coach Michael Curry said that the team lost a lot of games on Sunday, and that their habits many have played a role.

"I think Joe was madder than anybody else about us losing all those Sunday games," said Curry, "and usually that has something to do with what you were doing Saturday night."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60126/20090627/dumars_no_more_drama_for_pistons/

Well, gee JoeyD. Trading for Iverson was one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen. You got a player who had to have the drama all around him to a team that had little drama with Rasheed Wallace.

That whole trade was all for salary reasons. Face it, whether or not that trade goes through, we were not going to win a championship last year or this coming year. To be able to say we have the most cap space in the league is just awesome, especially if we can keep it for another year here.

That whole trade was all for salary reasons. Face it, whether or not that trade goes through, we were not going to win a championship last year or this coming year. To be able to say we have the most cap space in the league is just awesome, especially if we can keep it for another year here.

I know that. I am not stupid. I still think we could have contended.

But let me ask you this, which is more impressive:

1. Having the most Cap Space in the league.

2. Having a good team, so when big contracts do come off the books, big names want to sign with the team and continue to win there.