Jamison to come off bench

The Cavaliers are expected to use forward Antawn Jamison as a reserve this season, according to Mary Schmitt Boyer of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Jamison won the Sixth Man of the Year award as a reserve with the Mavericks in 2005.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69618/20101018/jamison_likely_to_come_off_bench/#ixzz12ls8miI3

Jamison is set to make 28 million over the next 2 years.. Are the Cavs making this move because they know there's no way Jamison increases his trade value after his poor performance in the playoffs?

If I were them, I'd start him, he's still a 20-9 guy as the main option, who knows what can happen then... Maybe he can raise his value or at least lead the Cavs to a respectable record.

Wow, that's pretty surprising to me. I thought he'd be a contender for their #1 scoring option. So I'm guessing this means that their lineup will be,

C: Anderson Varejao

PF: J.J. Hickson

SF: Jamario Moon?

SG: Anthony Parker

PG: Mo Williams

? Does that sound about right to everyone? I understand also that this move means they are giving Hickson more minutes to grow as a player, so why not try to deal him to a contender and get some young talent in return. That makes sense to me too.

8 players scored 10 or more points tonight, and Jamison didn't play. This team is a team, not the sideshow of LeBron. Seriously, this team plays as a team, and does not need 2 20 ppg guys. I'm convinced. Yeah I'm putting a lot of stock in these preseason games, maybe I'm a prisoner of the moment, but what I see is giving me belief that this can work.

Am I saying this makes us an elite team? Hell no. But why isn't it good enough to contend with the Knicks and Bobcats for the 7-8 seed.

The constant movement on offense is giving us a lot of production on the offensive end. Any guy on any given night can have ten or more points. And they are vastly improved on getting the ball in the paint and not relying on the three.

The defense is average, but the defense shouldn't matter as much as long as they can wear out the opponent on the offensive end.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest