Is There Any Way Shelden Williams Makes an Impact?

I was just seeing the stats he put up last night in the Nuggets' win over the Suns, and I was wondering if he had a shot to make any kind of an impact in Denver? The numbers he put up were,

27 Points, 8 Rebounds, 3 Assists.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Shelden+Williams+kw9lPI6-onWm.jpg

Those are very impressive numbers for him, even in preseason, and it looks like he actually has some confidence. I do realize that it's just preseason, but one of his main issues throughout his career is that he just didn't have the confidence to make any moves to score, and he at least has those now. I think even if nothing else translates, the aggressiveness to the bucket will carry over into the season, and that could drastically help him.

All that being said, do you think he will have a decent season? Or do you see another bust season on the end of the bench? Just wondering. Again not saying that he'll put up this kind of performance, but I mean will he even hav ea decent role players role?

Thoughts?

There's report that claimed his former teams: Hawks, Wolves, Kings didn't want him to shoot and only wanted him to rebound and block shots. And George Karl has asked him to shoot and regain his scoring touch back at Duke.

And I saw the Suns game, he looked very very mobile, fluid offensively for a "supposed" career stiff. He catches the ball well, he posts up well, he passes out of the post well, he doesn't fumble the ball, which is all good.

I hope he's another steal for us... we've scored some good-very good players lately for veteran minimums like Dahntay Jones, Birdman, Afflalo, and now Shelden. Not to mention Gary Forbes.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire