Wade's Priority Is Odom Before Boozer

The Goods

Dwyane Wade hopes to see Lamar Odom back in a Miami Heat uniform.

Miami can present Odom an offer that would give him the entire mid-level exception for five years, for a total of roughly $34 million before taxes. After taking Florida's tax laws into account, the net would approach the $9 million pre-tax per year that the Lakers reportedly offered Odom.

"I know he's got a tough decision to make with L.A., but our door is open," Wade said.

Wade said Odom gave him no time frame: "Lamar is on his own time, his own schedule. And I don't think [anyone] knows when he's going to make a decision. That's L.O. We know that in Miami. At the end of the day, we want him to make a decision that is best for his family."

While Dwyane Wade praised Boozer, saying "he's what you want" in a power forward, he reiterated that "Lamar right now is our big focus. We want to make sure we get Lamar and then go from there."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60720/20090722/wades_priority_is_odom_before_boozer/

When are we gonna get someone? We have been "discussing deals" for 3 weeks now, we gotta hurry up, I am getting impatient lol.

Just like all the Lakers fans getting impatient with Odom not re-signing Edited by The Goods

I really think the Heat could do better.....Just because it works out for Odom and Boozer, it's not exactly an ideal championship roster and I think Wade could get much better players. David Lee for example.

Odom is solid but he's not the same star he was in 03', and Boozer isn't playing like an allstar anymore. He's still a solid starter, but is he really better than what they could wait to get in 2010. I understand Wade wants to win now, but the Heat could find better players.

Cavs got low profile Mo Williams and look what happened. Miami should go after under the radar guys like Lee and Warrick.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

I really think the Heat could do better.....Just because it works out for Odom and Boozer, it's not exactly an ideal championship roster and I think Wade could get much better players. David Lee for example.

Odom is solid but he's not the same star he was in 03', and Boozer isn't playing like an allstar anymore. He's still a solid starter, but is he really better than what they could wait to get in 2010. I understand Wade wants to win now, but the Heat could find better players.

Cavs got low profile Mo Williams and look what happened. Miami should go after under the radar guys like Lee and Warrick.

Boozer is better than Lee in every way possible except effort. Boozer is ten times the low post scorer David Lee will ever be, and his jumpshot is better. Both are pretty good rebounders that arn't too good defensively, but Boozer's offensive production makes him a star. He isn't Zach Randolph on defense either.

And Warrick is just ehhh. Odom is a player that contributed to a championship and although he's inconsistant I don't think LA wins it without him.

There's about no chance LeBron comes to Miami next year and with Wade's future becoming a bigger and bigger question mark by the day the Heat need to put a better team around him now to get him to stay. The best possible scenario would be signing Chris Bosh next year and I think Boozer/Odom is better than Bosh.

Edited by Diesel