Iverson to play in Turkey

AboveLegit

Allen Iverson(notes) has agreed in principle to sign an incentive-laden, two-year, $4 million contract with Besiktas of the Turkish professional league, sources told Yahoo! Sports Sunday night.

Iverson plans to sign the contract this week, the sources said, and is expected to report to Besiktas the week of Nov. 1.

Iverson’s contract will give him an opt-out clause after this season. There’s no escape clause during the season for Iverson to leave Turkey and return to the NBA.

Iverson, 35, could make his debut for Besiktas on Nov. 6 in a game against Bornova. Besiktas played its first game of the season on Oct. 19 and is 1-1 in league standings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtsJRpApMGDZhbxPfBq1WqS8vLYF?slug=ys-iversonturkey102410

im happy for him, at least the man gets to play - those guy will HOPEFULLY show him more love than the [expletive]in NBA

Its no ones fault but his that he isn't playing in the NBA. He proved to everyone that he couldn't handle coming off the bench so why even bother? He's only going to cause problems for your team.

• Like 1

Im not so sure it was his first choice to play in Europe, most NBA teams completely looked away from Iverson this offseason due to the fact he's come of as a proven cancer to the teams he's on. Good luck in Turkey though! He should rip it there, he certainly still has game at his old age.

This is a bit old. But still. COME ON AI.

I don't like this move, but he'll be my favorite basketball player forever and ever. <3

But, I do think a lot of teams could have used him, I think he should have wen't to LA or Boston and played behind Rondo or Fish.

Edited by AllenIverson#1fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...