Cavs backed away from Baron Davis trade

• Owner

Wouldn't have mattered. LeBron's mind was made up long before that trade even hit the phone lines.

Plus, Baron Davis? I can see why a prime Davis would keep him interested in Cleveland, but not today's Baron. Kaman? They probably would've had to deal Hickson and Varejao, along with Williams.

Wouldn't have mattered. LeBron's mind was made up long before that trade even hit the phone lines.

Plus, Baron Davis? I can see why a prime Davis would keep him interested in Cleveland, but not today's Baron. Kaman? They probably would've had to deal Hickson and Varejao, along with Williams.

You hit it right on the spot. I am sure LeBron had his mind set on leaving since the Cavs got eliminated by the Celtics. Even if they did do the trade and LeBron stayed, the new starting line-up of Baron, Parker, LBJ, Hickson/Jamison, Kaman wouldn't be much better than Mo, Parker, LBJ, Jamison, Shaq in the playoffs.

You hit it right on the spot. I am sure LeBron had his mind set on leaving since the Cavs got eliminated by the Celtics. Even if they did do the trade and LeBron stayed, the new starting line-up of Baron, Parker, LBJ, Hickson/Jamison, Kaman wouldn't be much better than Mo, Parker, LBJ, Jamison, Shaq in the playoffs.

You really believe that lineup wouldn't be better?

lol Baron? this team has spent the last 4 years trying to make quick fixes, a last ditch effort wouldn't have mattered. LBJ wanted to go somewhere to win long term, and Cleveland had proved, over 7 years, they couldn't provide him with a good enough cast.

not to mention Kaman is wildly overrated

Edited by Check my Stats

No matter who we got, if we couldn't get Dwayne Wade or another top 5 star, nothing was good enough. LeBron needed to play with the sun, the moon, and the stars.

The trade is meh....people overrate Baron Davis. He's done nothing in Los Angeles and there's no sign of him being an all-star again. If we did the trade and LeBron stayed, people would still blame the "lack" of help for LeBron.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

That's where I'll disagree. Baron and Kaman are better than anyone LBJ has ever played with.

Lmao...you think they are that good? What have Davis and Kaman done in the past two years to impress you? Shaq is better too...2nd team all NBA two years ago, Kaman doesn't have his presence, never will.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

No matter who we got, if we couldn't get Dwayne Wade or another top 5 star, nothing was good enough. LeBron needed to play with the sun, the moon, and the stars.

The trade is meh....people overrate Baron Davis. He's done nothing in Los Angeles and there's no sign of him being an all-star again. If we did the trade and LeBron stayed, people would still blame the "lack" of help for LeBron.

Actually if you guys nabbed Bosh you would still be a huge LBJ Stan. That sir, is a fact. If you should be blaming anyone, blame Bosh for being a [expletive] about wanting to be in a big market.

Actually if you guys nabbed Bosh you would still be a huge LBJ Stan. That sir, is a fact. If you should be blaming anyone, blame Bosh for being a [expletive] about wanting to be in a big market.