Afflalo's Value

Sun Tzu

The fifth man in the starting line-up.

It's hard to determine value of someone like him who can do a bit of everything, I am guessing a serviceable big man (e.g. Jason Maxiell/Ryan Anderson) or someone like Eliot Williams who has potential to be a pretty good player.

His numbers in the preseason suggest a possible break out year. Before he was just a defender and spot up shooter. Now he seems like a guy who can get buckets, and gets them efficiently. I'd like to see how he plays in the regular season before I would decide his real value, but it seems like he's a much more valuable player than earlier in his career.

Edited by Poe

^This...

I know I've been hyping him up... but with a reason. Guy is just the ultimate player (character wise) if you're a fan/ coach... he practices hard, he plays hard, never takes a play off, and a great teammate. Furthermore, he's a good influence to people around him. He's always eager to improve, but not at the cost of people around him.

I'm predicting a 15ppg, All NBA 2nd Defensive Team, 47+ FG%, 43+ 3PT% season from him.

He is really a $7-8 million player AT LEAST. He's getting paid $2 mil... we're getting 4c out of every penny.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't trade him for just about any player... including those "superstars" because it's rare to have a player of such high character. You can really elevate your level of game by being around him. He works extremely hard it's hard that some of it does not rub off on you.

I agree with the fact that he's got great character, he's a hard worker for sure. Defensively he's a gun, offensively i still have my doubts about him though as seen this offseason he is most definitely moving forward in that area. Right now he's starting 5 material, a 30mpg guy with room to improve. The whole package being Afflalo would be a huge asset to any team, even to the top contending NBA teams. Denver is lucky to have him, if only they could utilise him to the fullest and get the entirety of this team meshing really well on the court.

I don't know, I'd place his value somewhere between Kobe Bryant (JR Smith) and Jason Kidd (Ty Lawson).

Seriously though, I consider him kind of a Thabo Sefolosha type, but with better offense and slightly worse defense. I think he does have some potential, and he's a hard worker so he should be able to fulfill whatever potential he does have. Great, young role player who the Nuggets can keep as one of their core players once Melo/Billups/Martin get shown the door.

Edited by Nitro

Guest The REAL STL10

^This...

I know I've been hyping him up... but with a reason. Guy is just the ultimate player (character wise) if you're a fan/ coach... he practices hard, he plays hard, never takes a play off, and a great teammate. Furthermore, he's a good influence to people around him. He's always eager to improve, but not at the cost of people around him.

I'm predicting a 15ppg, All NBA 2nd Defensive Team, 47+ FG%, 43+ 3PT% season from him.

He is really a $7-8 million player AT LEAST. He's getting paid $2 mil... we're getting 4c out of every penny.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't trade him for just about any player... including those "superstars" because it's rare to have a player of such high character. You can really elevate your level of game by being around him. He works extremely hard it's hard that some of it does not rub off on you.

Affalo for Tyreke Evans?

Would you do it?