Fernandez Now Happy With His Role

Portland swingman Rudy Fernandez has calmed on his public requests for a trade and claims he's comfortable with his current role.

"I think I'm happy with this role," said Fernandez, who scored three points Saturday night against the Knicks. "I'm happy with my shots. I'm feeling good with the second unit."

He is averaging 6.0 points in three games, including just over five shots per contest.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69860/20101031/fernandez_now_happy_with_his_role/

Good news for Portland. Fernandez is a huge boost to have off the bench, and he knows the system. He'll have a fairly big role even though it will not be in the starting lineup. Definitely good to see him grow up a bit and accept the new role.

This was a simple case of a player over reacting and he has had some time to clam down and settle into his role.

The worst thing to do is to trade a player when they demand it. Disregarding the fact it’s not good for the team or that players trade value but in the long run if he is apart of the teams plans it’s always best to stick to their guns and not allow players to control the situation. The only time a player should have any control is during free agency.