New Nightmare On Elm Street Poster

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/100/1006153/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-20090722022758177_640w.jpg

saw this on ign.

this 2

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/100/1006153/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-20090722103059768_640w.jpg

The director for this movie makes music videos. The main writer has only written one good movie, and that's Cape Fear. And the rest are trash such as Doom. And the co-writer has nothing to his credit except this and a prequel to The Thing that's currently in pre-production.

At least Jackie Earle Haley is in it.

The director for this movie makes music videos. The main writer has only written one good movie, and that's Cape Fear. And the rest are trash such as Doom. And the co-writer has nothing to his credit except this and a prequel to The Thing that's currently in pre-production.

At least Jackie Earle Haley is in it.

Whats wrong with that? Spike Jonze is a music video director but his films are all amazing. Also, the writer that wrote Cape Fear also had other decent films but most of them are still known which is important.

You try to find way to many negative things about a movie.

Jackie Earle Haley, why are you happy he's in it? He's only been in one or 2 good movies just like the writers you were criticizing.

Whats wrong with that? Spike Jonze is a music video director but his films are all amazing. Also, the writer that wrote Cape Fear also had other decent films but most of them are still known which is important.

You try to find way to many negative things about a movie.

Jackie Earle Haley, why are you happy he's in it? He's only been in one or 2 good movies just like the writers you were criticizing.

There's nothing wrong with that, but the difference is that Spike Jonze has directed movies with great screenplays. Being John Malkovich and Adaptation were both written by Charlie Kaufman, who has yet to make/write a bad movie. Even if you have a great director, you can't transform a poor screenplay into a great movie.

As for the director of this movie, it will be his first attempt, and usually if you're a first time director doing a remake, the movie will most likely suck. As for the writer, his only movies that are worth mentioning are Cape Fear and Return to Paradise, both of which were over 10 years ago. His recent work consists of The Glass House and Doom, both which are pretty [expletive]ty.

Jackie Earle Haley has been in The Bad News Bear, Breaking Away, Little Children, and Watchmen. The first two are pretty old, but are still really good. Sure he's played in [expletive]ty movies, but if you've seen him in Little Children you know he's a great [expletive]ing actor.

I'm not trying to find negative things about the movie, I'm just facing the facts. You mind telling me when the last good Freddy movie was?

I'll talk movies with you when you start knowing stuff from movies you've actually seen not just going on IMDB looking up the facts and see who wrote what, who directed what and posting up the facts.

Haha, nice way of backing out of an argument. :lol:

IMDB is a joke, every movie that comes out now makes it in the top 250.

Edit: I'm not sure why you're always like this, but why do you think you're the only movie fan on here? I'm not sure how knowing who directed or wrote what prevents me from "knowing stuff" about movies.

Edited by OldChili