Hello from Horn Lake, Mississippi

Mike Blues

Yes, we actually have internet here in north Mississippi. This dial-up stuff might just catch on!

I kid, of course. My town is just a couple miles to the south from the great city of Memphis, home of Elvis, the best BBQ in the world, and those lovable and forever frustrating Memphis Grizzlies.

I am 31 years old and have spent the last decade as a fan of the Grizzlies. Growing up in Memphis, you never really dreamed that a franchise from one of the four major sports leagues would suddenly drop into your hometown. But I'll never forget the day when I opened up the local newspaper in February of 2001 and read that the Vancouver Grizzlies were interested in moving here.

I grew up a fan of the Phoenix Suns. Don't ask me how a kid from Memphis falls in love with the Suns. I guess you could say I was more of a Charles Barkley fan. And yes, I still curse John Paxson for that Finals-winning three back in '93.

But from the day an NBA franchise moved to my home, I was instantly attached. You can't imagine how cool it was on the night of the 2001 Draft, when Duke superstar Shane Battier said he "couldn't wait to get to Memphis".

Like, are you kidding??? That's MY home town this guy is coming to!!!

Through the highs and the lows, I've been with this franchise. I love em, and I just took my step son to his very first game this past Saturday night against the T'Wolves. He is now hooked.

I was referred to this site by The Lone Granger, and I am thoroughly impressed with what I'm seeing here. Great job to the admins who run this place.

Now, if someone can answer this question for me. With a second overall draft pick, why did my team draft a 7'3" Tanzanian who can't play basketball? :angry:

Welcome to the site man! Thanks for joining! Your going to fit in well with this site with your quality posting.

Hope you have fun and are able to stay active here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us, and we will do our best to answer them! See you around the forums man!

• Owner

Haha, what a beastly intro.

I grew up a fan of the Phoenix Suns. Don't ask me how a kid from Memphis falls in love with the Suns. I guess you could say I was more of a Charles Barkley fan. And yes, I still curse John Paxson for that Finals-winning three back in '93.

Dude, YES. You and I are in the same boat. I loved the Suns, and Barkley was my guy. I HATE Paxson, and I HATE we didn't get the ball to Barkley to tie the game up.

Enough about that, though. I suffered for too long (I was 10 when that happened).

Welcome to the best. :dribble:

Epic intro. I think you might give BFT a run for his money (you'll know him soon enough).

Now, if someone can answer this question for me. With a second overall draft pick, why did my team draft a 7'3" Tanzanian who can't play basketball?

Lol maybe he's a late bloomer like Conley? ;)

By the way, does Mike replace Real as the 'old man' of the forum?

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

I want one of those epic banners that everyone has in their sigs. How would a technologically retarded person such as myself go about attaining one of those?

And if I'm the "old man" of the forum, I don't want to know about it. In fact, I have a hard time speaking to anyone who has no memory of Guns n' Roses in their prime. :lol:

Nope, but Oliver P did. ;)

Yeah well only until jelipford signs. If he does...And I hope that he will join us soon especially for that. :lol:

Anyhow welcome to OTR Mike, nice intro indeed lol. I was a fan of the Barkley Suns as well, always wanted them to go back to the Finals after they lost in 93... I was hoping to watch a Suns-Knicks in 94 in fact (with a Knicks win obviously :D), and not only it didn't happen but the Knicks lost... Too bad.

Edited by Oliver P