Pacers Trying To Trade Dahntay Jones

The Pacers tried to trade Dahntay Jones to clear a roster spot for Magnum Rolle last month, and they're expected to continue to try to get him moved.

"I'm a basketball player and I'll always be a basketball player," Jones said. "You will never call me a shooter. I just play basketball. I don't take it as a negative that I'm not a shooter.

"I just play hard and hope what I bring to the table will be useful to the team."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69923/20101104/pacers_trying_to_trade_dahntay_jones/

He did go in last night during the Sixers game for a few minutes and came out of it with 8 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. Jones can play ball, there is no question about that. Not only can he score the ball decently on the drive and from mid-range, but he's a great free-throw shooter, and an excellent defender. I'm expecting a deal at some point this year, simply because a legit contender is going to want some defense, and he can bring that to the table. What teams could you guys see being interested?

Thoughts?

He might possibly help our bench (not that it needs much help) and Wafer isn't the best defender around

I actually was thinking about the Celtics, but you guys already have Daniels. Who would you give up to us that would make it a fair deal? Maybe Wafer actually straight up for Jones?

I actually was thinking about the Celtics, but you guys already have Daniels. Who would you give up to us that would make it a fair deal? Maybe Wafer actually straight up for Jones?

Daniels really backs up Pierce, but will the Pacers really take Jones for Wafer? Delonte? He's got some issues with our locker room

Edited by Zolor23

I don't think we'd want West, because we already have Ford as our backup and we like A.J. Price as our third-string point guard. I guess he could fit in decently well as the starting two-guard, and would still keep up with the defense but be a shooter, and a good playmaker as well. Wafer would interest us I think, but you would have to add another piece like maybe a second-rounder?

Mavs with DeShawn Stevenson's expiring and a 2nd round pick for Solomon Jones and Danthay?

Hmm, that's an interesting proposition. I think we'd like the expiring deal, and the second round pick would be nice. The other thing about this two-for-one deal is that we free up a roster spot to bring Magnum Rolle back to fill that position at the big that's left by Solomon Jones. Nice idea, I think this could be a possibility if they actually look into it lol.