Do you believe in an afterlife?

reno

there is no point to life, you're just born one day and then die at some point later on, what point in life do dogs, mosquitos, cats, or anything have a point? Or is it just humans who have a point? Whether you believe in the afterlife or not, you shouldn't act like you know the truth, theres just different opinions.

Well if you believe that humans and animals are of equal importance then i guess you can live by that, but if you believe in God who values his creation as we are made in the image and likeness of himself then you would know there's more to it than being abandon for life then everlasting death. I know a lot of people love to choose there beliefs over truth itself, i love sticking by this, ''truth is what it is, regardless of my feelings or beliefs'' this doesn't mean we can't have are own personal view of how things are but truth is the way things actually are, and strongly believe in absolute truths, relativism can only go so far. We can choose our beliefs but we can't choose truth.

Well if you believe that humans and animals are of equal importance then i guess you can live by that, but if you believe in God who values his creation as we are made in the image and likeness of himself then you would know there's more to it than being abandon for life then everlasting death. I know a lot of people love to choose there beliefs over truth itself, i love sticking by this, ''truth is what it is, regardless of my feelings or beliefs'' this doesn't mean we can't have are own personal view of how things are but truth is the way things actually are, and strongly believe in absolute truths, relativism can only go so far. We can choose our beliefs but we can't choose truth.

Humans are animals.

Then you wouldn't mind being treated like one? If that's were your moral standards lie about, that's fine. I definitely don't think of you as an animal.

lol, by definition we are animals, humans are much more intelligent than other animals, which separates us from all other life forms, but it doesn't mean we were created by a God. Just cling to what you believe in.

lol, by definition we are animals, humans are much more intelligent than other animals, which separates us from all other life forms, but it doesn't mean we were created by a God. Just cling to what you believe in.

If that's how you see it so be it. Yeah it's right to have the assumption that i am a firm believer that the evolutionary argument fails, that it's merely just another theory, i don't believe that the mutation of human genetics stems that far. In all it's definitely important to have valid and educated reasons to somewhat justify why you believe what you do. If you think it's more reasonable to believe in what you believe then that is fine and i encourage that to it's fullest, at the same time keeping an open mind about Intelligent design and Christianity does help you gain a better understanding of the philosophical questions of life, it can lead to having a well shaped world view, not that implying that you have to take the route.

If that's how you see it so be it. Yeah it's right to have the assumption that i am a firm believer that the evolutionary argument fails, that it's merely just another theory, i don't believe that the mutation of human genetics stems that far. In all it's definitely important to have valid and educated reasons to somewhat justify why you believe what you do. If you think it's more reasonable to believe in what you believe then that is fine and i encourage that to it's fullest, at the same time keeping an open mind about Intelligent design and Christianity does help you gain a better understanding of the philosophical questions of life, it can lead to having a well shaped world view, not that implying that you have to take the route.

How does it fail?

How does it fail?

Sigh.. i would really rather not get into 'debate mode'. Im a firm believer in it because it's my belief and i have my reasons, it's different from the example i used of '''truth is what it is, regardless of my feelings or beliefs'' because i was relating that to the biblical truth i hold dear too. Genetic mutations as a topic alone is a lot to get into and this is excluding the evolution argument that intertwines with it. If you wanted to know that the basis of my belief is, that it's more plausible to believe that were created for a reason, that the intellectual design and make up of who were are is far to complex to of happened from chance. I am not a bunch of chemicals, science does not have all the answers, il cling to that belief, doesn't mean i am ignorant of science at all, i certainly don't believe in 'blind faith' and science has it's place. Im not trying to disprove your view on it but when it comes to the questions like ''how did the earth begin, what is the meaning of existence'' you'll find that there not science based questions, there for science finds it hard to answer them, it's completely philosophical.

i am a firm believer that the evolutionary argument fails, that it's merely just another theory.

No, it's fact. Charles Darwinwasn't sitting in his room when he up and decided that we're descendent from something else. No, he did decades of research as a geologist to gain information. He wasn't another Marx or Engels trying to make the world better with different social theories. Everything Darwin wrote, and even everything his predecessors wrote (there's a publication written in 1844 which deals with evolution, the authors name has unfortunately slipped my mind atm) was based on decades of research. Claiming that it's just another theory kind of implies that you don't really know much about evolution and its methods of research.

Christianity does help you gain a better understanding of the philosophical questions of life, it can lead to having a well shaped world view, not that implying that you have to take the route

No it doesn't, it just creates a whole bunch of complications. There isn't another religion in the world that has as much disagreement as Christianity. For 1700 years, Christianity has been concerned with the trinity and its definition and meaning to Christians even though it wasn't even in the Bible to begin with. And what abuot the noted corruption of the Church all through history? There are of course others, but these are the first one that came to mind. How does this sort of indecisiveness and contradictions to the Bible shown everywhere in so-called higher criticsm answer any sort of philosophical question?

If you want to point to Revelations and its moral implications, there's really not another religion in the world that doesn't do the same thing, so why would Christianity be the correct one?

• Like 1

No, it's fact. Charles Darwinwasn't sitting in his room when he up and decided that we're descendent from something else. No, he did decades of research as a geologist to gain information. He wasn't another Marx or Engels trying to make the world better with different social theories. Everything Darwin wrote, and even everything his predecessors wrote (there's a publication written in 1844 which deals with evolution, the authors name has unfortunately slipped my mind atm) was based on decades of research. Claiming that it's just another theory kind of implies that you don't really know much about evolution and its methods of research.

No it doesn't, it just creates a whole bunch of complications. There isn't another religion in the world that has as much disagreement as Christianity. For 1700 years, Christianity has been concerned with the trinity and its definition and meaning to Christians even though it wasn't even in the Bible to begin with. And what abuot the noted corruption of the Church all through history? There are of course others, but these are the first one that came to mind. How does this sort of indecisiveness and contradictions to the Bible shown everywhere in so-called higher criticsm answer any sort of philosophical question?

If you want to point to Revelations and its moral implications, there's really not another religion in the world that doesn't do the same thing, so why would Christianity be the correct one?

Basically.

The only people who don't accept Evolution don't have the mental capacity to understand it, or just don't because some religious leaders say so. Even though most Scientists will agree that Evolution is a fact, religious people tend to be mixed, even Pope John Paul said that Evolution was truth.

Basically.

The only people who don't accept Evolution don't have the mental capacity to understand it, or just don't because some religious leaders say so. Even though most Scientists will agree that Evolution is a fact, religious people tend to be mixed, even Pope John Paul said that Evolution was truth.

It is said to believe Charle Darwinism worked with the devil, since the devil cannot change gods word, he can create a theory that would destroy it/question it.

At the minute i can only type with one hand, my other one is broken lol so spare with me here, il just quickly state that your misinformed, Darwinism is not fact, it's theory, even pro evolutionist will agree with that, they just choose to present it as fact which is deceiving enough to convince anyone of the view right off the bat. Im not saying Darwin is a dope ether, he was a God believing man prior to his change of mind after studying to what we know today as the 'Darwin Theory' and that was his personal choice to let his scientific discoveries form his views later on. I agree that there is plenty of evidence for microevolution (small changes within a species) for sure, but for macroevolution, there is an underwhelming amount of evidence, people just have the assumption that it's fact. Im not the one who's going to prove you wrong, or sway you to change your view, that's not my job, i am not a bio major but i am a seeker of truth as everyone else is.

Your argument on Christianity dosen't bother me one bit. I proclaim to be a follower of Jesus before i box myself into a 'religion' called Christianity. Christians have started many wars, killed many people, have been corrupt and so forth and obviously thats a wrong representation of the 'Christian lifestyle' and it's un Christ-like behaviour, so im not going to apologise for being apart of that constant generalisation, because i simply am not them, there's certainly a lot more to being a true follower of Christ. I trust the authenticity of the Bible, there are many scriptures that support the Trinity, i don't see how that it isnt clear to you. Im no pro at hermeneutics but there are no contradictions in the bible, maybe you forgot to take in the historical setting, the literary style of the text and the context of whats being said. Who said God was ever easy to understand? The fact that intelligent design falls in line with the biblical world view makes it very valuable and necessary to the process of understanding the meaning of existence, which makes it philosophical.

Lets assume God's just, if that's how it is, then it wouldn't be fair to have good and evil before God in Heaven, ultimately God's in control. Our earthly actions mean something, this is why it's important to look at different faiths and trust that God will guide us, it dosent mean you throw all your intelligence and reason out the door, it's about gathering knowledge then making that choice to put your faith in that something or someone who will deliver.

Basically.

Yes Yugo.. i don't have the mental capacity to understand it lol. When you look at evolution it may be bang perfect to you and you might think this has got to be right, and it may, but this dosent mean that someone cant look at intelligent design and feel that exact way about that and for our sake i hope that whatever is truth, becomes more clearer over time.

It is said to believe Charle Darwinism worked with the devil, since the devil cannot change gods word, he can create a theory that would destroy it/question it.

The devil is definitely alive and kicking.

Typical religion thread

/sigh

I hate religion seriously, it brings out confinement and intolerance. If only it were as simple as accepting the Grace of God by faith and loving God & people.