Rondo vs. CP3/D-Will

Flash

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really only put 2 guys into the elite category of PG's right now and that's CP3 and Deron. After than I think it goes Nash/Rose/Rondo/Westbrook in any order you want. I know Rondo is getting a ton of early season hype based on his assist numbers and I understand it. But is he really an elite point guard on the same level of Paul and Williams?

imo i cant really judge because, you have to admit he has a lot of talent around him which makes his job so much easier. no doubt he is a great PG (i have him 3rd) but its hard to mention him with paul and williams with the teammates he has however if he had a decent 3 pt shot and a very solid mid range jumper he would be up there (not really sure if that makes sense but for me it does :lol: )

No way. While Rondo is putting up absolutely amazing assists stats so far, he isn't able to pour in 30+ on any given night like Deron/Paul could if needed.

Rondo seems like Nash, just with the opposite skillset. He is putting up sick stats, but still has holes in his game.

Edited by Check my Stats

I just can't put him at the same level as cp3 and deron simply because he does not have a complete offensive game like them, rondo is too 1 dimensional with out a 3 point shot all he can do is drive combine that with the fact that he is not good free throw shooter no sorry Rondo is great but he's not on that level

Edited by STATCity

I think CP3 > Williams > Rondo. Simple as that. Chris Paul has the best court vision and is probably the best scorer too.

Rondo cant compare because he is not very consistent with his jump shot which makes him one dimensional when being guarded. Its nice having all those players to pass to though.

I'd venture to say that if Rose keeps those current assist numbers you'd almost have to slide him past Rondo. 25 and 9 are pretty spectacular numbers and that's without Carlos Boozer in there.

• Owner

Top five, but he's not Paul or Deron. I can make an argument that Nash is still the better point guard, while Rondo is the better athlete, because the only two things he has over Nash are his defense and his rebounding, while Nash is one of the best shooters in the league with a 24-foot range, easily a better passer than Rondo, gets to the rim better, and can run any style of offense (not many PGs can do that).

1) Paul

2) Williams

3) Nash

4) Rondo or Rose

5) Rose or Rondo

Westbrook is also closing in.

Rose...I don't know. His defense is inconsistent, I don't really see that improvement he was talking about on his three, he's turning the ball over quite a bit, and he's really timid late in the game.