Detroit considering Prince and Will Bynum for Crawford and Teague?

AboveLegit

Prince’s name remains on the radar, mostly because of his expiring contract and the fact that the Pistons are loaded with small forward types … if they are going to turn the page and start over, that’s one spot they’d probably want to clear out for a youngster.

After bumping into one of my all-time favorite advance scouts in an arena hallway over the weekend, the trade picture came into much better focus for me on not only Prince but several other players around the league, and particularly the Eastern Conference.

“Detroit has to do something,” my scout friend told me. “They’re not going anywhere with the group they have. They know it and everyone else knows it. So Tayshaun or Rip, one or both of them have to be in play if they’re going to start the rebuilding process properly.”

I explained to my scout friend that I’d heard a great trade rumor about the Hawks and Pistons discussing a package to swap Prince (and another piece like Will Bynum, who cannot be moved until after Dec. 15) for Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague (which would be an interesting swap for the Hawks since they don’t really have great depth in the backcourt) and he kindly opened up about the state of affairs, as he sees it, in the East.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/11/08/trade-chatter-still-bubbling/

Isn't Crawford expiring too? Or did they agree to a deal that I missed?

In regards to the Pistons, the blow up has been 2 seasons overdue, the CV and BG signings were just terrible, it was like they were trying to make a team the exact opposite of their old Pistons team.

He unfortunately is expiring. :(

I don't understand this for Detroit either, but maybe they'd let him play an undersized three for the remainder of the season and then get the cash off his contract? Either way, I think it's a bad deal for Atlanta. Crawford has been hitting huge shots for them so far this year, and why mess up the way this team has been playing so far this season? He's the perfect sixth man in Atlanta, and takes a lot of pressure off of Joe Johnson when he's in the game. Not only that, but he's been a lot better of a team leader this year as well. I just don't think the Hawks should deal Crawford...they should give him a new deal.

I don't understand it for either team. Detroit is basically trading for the same amount in expiring deals, while giving up a good young player in Bynum. Meanwhile, Atlanta is giving up the 6th man of the year/scoring punch off their bench, taking in 2 guys who may or may not make the team better than it currently is, and taking in more salary (Bynum has like 3 years left) when they are in a position where they really need to be saving $.

I just don't like it for either team. It seems like one of those trades that teams make just for the hell of it rather than for a reasonable purpose.

Pistons Haven't Discussed Trade With Hawks

Rumors of a trade that would send Tayshaun Prince in a package to the Hawks that would land Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague are false.

A Detroit source told MLive.com that the Pistons have not held any trade discussions with the Hawks, despite rumors to the contrary.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70014/20101109/pistons_havent_discussed_trade_with_hawks/

Thoughts?

Guest mr_sunshine

interesting trade, i hate teague but crawford is good. but why a SG? they have a jam at it anyway so why are they making their problem worse? dont make sense but bynum gets hated here.. why? i like him. -_-