what should the Cowboys draft?

Lkr

Assuming the Cowboys get the #1 pick or the #2 pick, who do you see them taking? They don't need a QB or wide receiver, and they already have a stable of running backs. Do you see them drafting an OLine man? Do they beef up the secondary and take Patrick Peterson VERY early?

Patrick Peterson would make that defense a lot better. Plus, players like him don't come around very often. He's special.

Then go OL in round 2 and RB after that. None of their backs have been impressive this year.

Edited by Flash

I don't know much college football but if we get a shot @ Jake Long/Joe Thomas aka the top o-lineman in the draft, that's perfect for us.

Our needs are

O-line

Safety

no one is taking a safety with a top 5 pick, Eric Berry isn't in school anymore

There are no offensive linemen worth taking within the top five. My top guy is Riley Reiff, providing he declares, and he right now is probably fringe top-15 value.

There are holes at safety, and every offensive position but Left Tackle. Doug Free has been very good this year, way better then I expected him to play. AOA could be a good safety, but in general I think they need secondary help

That's why I'd take Peterson.

There are no offensive linemen worth taking within the top five. My top guy is Riley Reiff, providing he declares, and he right now is probably fringe top-15 value.

If thats true, I'd rather trade down and get an o-linemen, we need secondary help, but we need safeties, not another CB, although I'd like Patterson he's not going to fix our team. An O-lineman would go a long way toward helping us. Free can shift to RT and putting a reliable LT would make us a top tier offense instantly. Then we can go for a safety/cb...