Roy Hibbert or Andrew Bynum

Guest mr_sunshine

Guest mr_sunshine

who you think is better? i love hibbert's size and strength and he's a good scorer and has polished his rebounding. i like bynum too but he's always hurt and it's a bit sad. :(

if healthy i'll go with bynum, but if I had to choose a C to build my team I'd go for hibbert.

im 50-50.

Guest mr_sunshine

i agree on that man, im not sure he'll ever get 20/10 on L.A though. he ain't gonna get a lot of touches on that team. i can see him cracking 14/10 on his return maybe.. or maybe even 16/10 but 20/10 on your team? not happening imo. ^_^

• Owner

i agree on that man, im not sure he'll ever get 20/10 on L.A though. he ain't gonna get a lot of touches on that team. i can see him cracking 14/10 on his return maybe.. or maybe even 16/10 but 20/10 on your team? not happening imo. ^_^

Nah, he'll never get that 20 PPG as long as Kobe and Gasol are the two scoring options. Drew is still young, though, so in three seasons, I can't say he won't be able to put up 15-20 points a night...just depends on Kobe's decline (which will happen, I just don't want to admit it).

As far as the rebounds go, that's a different story. Give Drew 35 minutes, and he pulls down nearly 10 boards a game. Gasol, Odom and Drew can average 28-29 rebounds per game together (they've done it for two of the last three seasons, even though there have been injuries assisting them), and it wouldn't be a reach to think that all three could grab 9+ boards a night.

Unfortunately, we won't know for sure until Drew plays a full NBA season...and who knows when that will happen again.

Guest mr_sunshine

im pulling for Andrew all the way. i think kobe may eventually be traded some day (get the Nash treatment) and maybe you'll build your new youthful team with Bynum. Who knows. Odom has been.. umm.. I'm not sure ofr a good word but he's been good thus far.

• Owner

im pulling for Andrew all the way. i think kobe may eventually be traded some day (get the Nash treatment) and maybe you'll build your new youthful team with Bynum. Who knows. Odom has been.. umm.. I'm not sure ofr a good word but he's been good thus far.

Haha, not sure about Kobe being traded. LA has signed him through 2014 for a reason. They didn't even want to trade him when he was demanding a trade, lol.

As far as building a team around Drew, I don't think he's a franchise player. I never have. A 20/10 player is an all-star, no doubt, and he can become just that...but Drew is a better second or third option on a contender because he is one of the most selfish legitimate post players I've seen in a long time. Definitely not on the same page as a Shaq, Hakeem, or even Yao.

Hibbert doesn't give me that impression that he's ready to be a franchise player, either. He's showing that he can be a versatile center and do multiple things on the court, a better passer than Drew (more willing and just a better passer overall), but he makes for a better sidekick, also.

Guest The REAL STL10

If healthy, Andrew Bynum by a mile. He's a 20/10 player that is a bigger presence in the paint, a traditional center. You don't pass up on that.

Andrew Bynum has never come CLOSE to a 20/10 season before.

Even if you go by per 36 minutes, he's still 2-4 points away from averaging it.

• Owner

Andrew Bynum has never come CLOSE to a 20/10 season before.

Even if you go by per 36 minutes, he's still 2-4 points away from averaging it.

Two points from it, and that's with Kobe, Gasol and Odom scoring 56-57 of the team's points. Stick Drew on the Raptors, and he gets 20/10, no doubt about it.

Guest The REAL STL10

Two points from it, and that's with Kobe, Gasol and Odom scoring 56-57 of the team's points. Stick Drew on the Raptors, and he gets 20/10, no doubt about it.

Yeah, if I got 25 shots a night playing in the post with his skill I'd get 20 a night too...

Edited by The REAL STL10

Guest The REAL STL10

Sucks no team has picked you up yet, then.

Should take you less than 25 shots, though.

I'd get at least 25 a night on that sorry Raptors squad.

It'd probably take me 18 shots to score 20 if I didn't go to the line.

Good thread.

I'd have to go with a healthy Andrew Bynum. It's obvious that he has better post moves (right now), but since he can't stay healthy, if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Roy Hibbert. While Hibbert hasn't shown that he can be a franchise-type of player (and just saying, neither has Bynum), I still think he's going to continue to improve. Assuming he keeps working hard, he'll get even better post moves, get stronger, and get quicker. When that happens, I think he could become just about the player that Bynum is now, but healthy.

That being said, if Bynum worked hard and could stay healthy, he would improve from the player he is now drastically. I could see Bynum becoming a legit franchise-type center, simply because of his physical attributes. His height, strength, and athleticism would be almost impossible to stop if he could only stay healthy and continue to build on what he already has.

I'd pick Hibbert simply because of health, but I agree that Bynum is the better player by far when healthy.

Guest mr_sunshine

wow that's exactly my opinion.

If you want to build a piece to a franchise you'd go with Hibbert. He's very very good and he's not as injury prone, does everything pretty well (heard he improved his rebounding) and if he get stronger, and get quicker then I think that he can really be in that Bynum-Bogut area, that'd be nice. he worked with walton i heard, really nice. ^_^