New skin and banners

Real Deal

• Owner

Is it possible when you edit the team forums to make it Jason Kidd and Dirk for the Mavs?

Caron Butler is a free agent after this season, and Dirk and Kidd are future HOF's.

Even if Caron was with the team for another three years, I'd stick Kidd in there with Dirk. I would probably consider Jet, also...but it'll be Dirk and Kidd.

Even if Caron was with the team for another three years, I'd stick Kidd in there with Dirk. I would probably consider Jet, also...but it'll be Dirk and Kidd.

Thanks for the info, please use a photo of Kidd where he doesn't look like a pedophile haha

In NBA 2k11 they gave him a wide-eyed photo that looks pedophile-ish...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Owner

Needing to know if the Philly skin is a bit too "over-the-top" when it comes to the team colors. Do I need to stick with one of the colors + black, or should I use both team colors (as you see in the Sixers forum) for most teams?

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/forum/34-philadelphia-76ers-team-forum

Needing to know if the Philly skin is a bit too "over-the-top" when it comes to the team colors. Do I need to stick with one of the colors + black, or should I use both team colors (as you see in the Sixers forum) for most teams?

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/forum/34-philadelphia-76ers-team-forum

The blue on both the left and right is really bright.

• Owner

The blue on both the left and right is really bright.

Yeah, that's one thing I figured would be a problem. I'd switch the background to red, which is going to be darker...but then, the bars have to change to blue, and it doesn't look that great.

Could just keep the background gray...don't know.

Are you rolling out a new skin/banners? I see some of the buttons have changed. It looks good as is; but a change would look great too.

• Owner

Nah...I already have a few of the team forums created. A brand new skin and banner design would basically mean that everything else was a waste, and I really need to get on with the site (as in, the draft pages and team sites).

The button change is actually to adjust to the team forums. For example, the Philly forum isn't going to have a lot of black...so, instead of having a separate button design for each team forum (meaning another 30 images, more customization), I just changed the buttons to fit all color schemes.

• Owner

Put up the Hawks forum, and re-designed the Nets a bit (removed the black).

I'm noticing some weird spacing errors now, near the bottom of these forums, so I'll have to figure that out.

I think, today, I'm going to just finish up all the banners, upload them all, and get that out of the way. Then, I'll code the actual forum colors, and get these done by Tuesday or Wednesday, so I can focus on the roster and draft pages.

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Love the Wizards one, well done RD. You're using the outdated logo, but I think it looks better with this one rather than using the newer version.

That reminds me, I need to change the team rep, and the top navigation logo.

But, the logo isn't outdated...it's the red and blue version.

That reminds me, I need to change the team rep, and the top navigation logo.

But, the logo isn't outdated...it's the red and blue version.

Yeah I know, but it's not the primary logo.

This one is:

http://dcist.com/upload/2011/05/2011_0510_wizardslogo.png

• Owner

Yeah I know, but it's not the primary logo.

This one is:

http://dcist.com/upload/2011/05/2011_0510_wizardslogo.png

Ah...could be difficult to make that work in the banner (as you were saying).

Do you actually like that one better?