Cousins fined by SAC for clashing with coaches

AboveLegit

Word is that handling rookie forward DeMarcus Cousins is proving to be an even bigger job for coach Paul Westphal and his staff than expected, even after the Kings hired Cousins' high school coach (Otis Hughley) in hopes of keeping the 20-year-old -- freshly relegated to a bench role -- plugged in.

One source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Cousins was fined recently for clashing with members of Westphal's staff. I've also been advised that it's not one-and-done as far as such clashes go, which has created a level of tension that -- anticipated or not -- obviously isn't what the Kings need when they're already operating at such an experience deficit on top of their serious defensive frailties.

No one doubts the potential possessed by the Kings' precocious tag team of Cousins and Tyreke Evans. But as one veteran scout warned me during summer league in Las Vegas, when tales and hints of Cousins' volatility and immaturity spread quickly: "It's always risky to have two young divas on the same team."

Didn't take long for the Kings to find out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101112-14/testing-early-trade-winds

That was the biggest question mark surround him when he was drafted, would he mature and not be un-coachable. Just based on some of the Kings games that I've watched he still has a ways to go, I haven't seen him clash with the coaching staff firsthand but just the way he carries himself gives off a bad vibe.