Is Colt McCoy a Future Star QB?

Maybe I'm jumping to quickly here, but he's looked great through his first few games as a starter in the NFL. He's almost single-handedly it seems brought some hope to the Browns future.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Colt+Mccoy+PdgPlMkDD-Km.jpg

He's stepped in and won games, and competed with passion, and you can tell he has that drive to win that great players have to have. He just completely a masterful drive against a very good Jets defense to tie the game and send it into overtime. I want to know what you guys think about McCoy.

Thoughts?

He played four teams that are vying for a super bowl. He beat two of them, took another to overtime which included a game tying drive to end the fourth, and the other game was his first start and it wasn't too bad of a game.

In the wins, we haven't won in spite of him. He's played a key part in the games. He led us down the field to tie the game today, last week he had the twenty yard run for the TD, etc..

Yes, he's a future star.

Is the OP a joke? Single-handedly? ROFL

Colt McCoy has been a mere role player and has been nothing more than average since getting the job. It's the Browns o-line, d-line and Peyton Hillis leading them in these great performances as of late.

The kids got poise in the pocket and a good head, I like him, Idk about star qb, but I think he will be a starter.

I'm a UT Longhorns fan for life, and watched McCoy every year. But it's going to take time before he does develop into a STAR, he's an excellent game manager for sure. He has the talent, very accurate QB.. but his role is best as a game manager for now.. leading the team in wins in the way he can do it.

I hope he becomes a star tho :)

I have a lot of differing thoughts on Colt McCoy. On one hand, I really like the kid and he has the head to succeed in a Jeff Garcia role, a simple game manager who limits turnovers while giving you considerable upside. If Cleveland continues to build their team the way they're indeed doing so, then I could see it, a strong running game compounded by good quarterback play is a recipe for, at the very least, moderate success in the NFL.

I'm running to do some errands now, but when I come back home, I'm going to discuss it more. Looking forward to what more people have to say about him.

I haven't watched enough of Colt McCoy to make a fair assessment. But as Ballorama said the task in front of McCoy is pretty simple, manage the game. He has the run game and one of the strongest offensive lines in the NFL so at this point in his career he just needs to make a strong impression on the coaching staff to retain the job next season. I'm a fan though just based on what I've seen of him in college, he's a leader and he throws the ball really accurately. Who says you have to have a strong arm to succeed in the NFL.