Biggest Loss?

Scout200

The 30+ point blowout against Milwaukee back in 2008-09. The Big Three of Yao, McGrady and Artest looked like a huge bust and Tracy was obviously done after missing that wide open 'dunk'.

Most painful had to be the game 7 loss to the Jazz in the first round in 2007. Tracy and Yao were both healthy and this team seemed ready to take that next big step, or so we thought. We were up 2-0 early in the series, held home-court, McGrady was tearing the Jazz up and yet we lost. Last playoff game Yao and Tracy played together too.

Edited by Dash

The 30+ point blowout against Milwaukee back in 2008-09. The Big Three of Yao, McGrady and Artest looked like a huge bust and Tracy was obviously done after missing that wide open 'dunk'.

Most painful had to be the game 7 loss to the Jazz in the first round in 2007. Tracy and Yao were both healthy and this team seemed ready to take that next big step, or so we thought. We were up 2-0 early in the series, held home-court, McGrady was tearing the Jazz up and yet we lost. Last playoff game Yao and Tracy played together too.

Just in case people forgot the missed dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4

:( :lol: :(

I would have to agree with Dash that Jazz series that we managed to lose was super [expletive]ty.

^It was a huge loss, right, but that's certainly not the most painful loss for me, that's for sure...

The most painful loss that I've seen was definitely the game 6 of the 94 Finals. Had we won that game we would have won a ring. I know I could mention game 7 as well but it wasn't as painful, because the Rockets played better than us in that game, even if they won only by 6. We were way better in game 6, that's why it was more painful to see us lose... We just had won our last two games in Madison, we had the momentum (even if Ewing was still not good offensively, he was shooting from even further away every game despite the fact that Riley asked him several time to go IN THE PAINT) and Starks was playing the best basketball of his career.

This game was even his best game in the Finals in fact, that is why I am 100% sure that his last 3 pointer was good. John said it several time himself anyhow, for him there was no doubt that his shot would have made New York win, I definitely believe him. I have no doubt about that as well. The Knicks would have won and Starks would have been MVP. That's the way those Finals should have ended... But Olajuwon was there to block the shot... And Starks lost his basketball after that game. He was literally HAUNTED by this blocked shot. Not only he played like [expletive] in game 7 (I still feel bad for him, even now...) but he wasn't himself for several months... That was really painful to watch, especially for me who's a huge fan of John. Until a regular season game during the 94/95 season, against Houston, in which Starks suddently got back to his best level, dunked on Olajuwon and made the Knicks win. It was some kind of revenge for us... And it was great to see Starks back.

But anyhow we clearly lost the Finals in that game 6, not in game 7, and it was this 90's Knicks players (Ewing, Starks, Oak, Harper, Mase...) last chance to win a ring together. My favorite Knicks team ever. And this is why it's the most painful loss I ever seen without a doubt. I'll always remember it. It was 6 AM in France when the game ended, and I sure couldn't sleep after that game that night... Well anyway [expletive] happens I guess.

Edited by Oliver P

^Lol I see well you're kinda lucky as you missed a huge disappointment... And unlucky at the same time cause you didn't watch this great Knicks team play... I would even say more unlucky than lucky in fact, cause even if we didn't win a ring it was awesome to watch that great team play, it was great to be the fan of a team that was succesful. I've sure missed that a lot this past decade. :lol:

• Like 1