Raptors Tanking/Draft Anticipation

Since we obviously know where this season is headed, I just wanted a thread where I can just click the players names whose stats I want to see, so this thread is a lot for my own reference. BFT is a mod though so he can add anything to this first post since I don't really know where to look for college stats/rankings and stuff like that. Don't really care if this thread gets used, it just make it easier for me to look at prospects this way rather than googling and stuff all the time.

Daily Scores

Daily Scores/Games (Top 25 Only)

Stat Leaders

Mock Drafts:

NBADraft.net

Hoopshype

MyNBADraft.com

Draft Express

Players' Stats (ESPN)

Harrison Barnes

Kyrie Irving

Perry Jones

Jared Sullinger

Brandon Knight

Josh Selby

Terrence Jones

Alec Burks

C.J. Leslie

Chris Singleton

Durand Scott

Jeffery Taylor

John Henson

Jordan Hamilton

Kemba Walker

Kris Joseph

Maalik Wayns

Mason Plumlee

Patric Young

Tobias Harris

Travis Leslie

Trey Thompkins

Tyler Honeycutt

William Buford

Euros

Donatas Motiejunas (Eurobasket.com)

Lucas Nogueira (Eurobasket.com)

Jan Vesely (Euroleague.com)

Jonas Valanciunas (Eurobasket.com)

Cory Joseph

Tristan Thompson

Edited by Check my Stats
  • Like 4

Nice work. I'll definitely use this thread. Like I said before, I thought about making one earlier, but I thought it wold be overkill at this point so I never actually did.

I only have mod powers in the Southeast Forum and Gameday Forums, though. So I actually can't edit anything into your original post. It would be nice, but unfortunately not possible.

One European name that you should probably add to your list is Jan Vesely. There is a good chance that he is the first International player taken in the draft, outside of Kanter of course.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Nice work. I'll definitely use this thread. Like I said before, I thought about making one earlier, but I thought it wold be overkill at this point so I never actually did.

I only have mod powers in the Southeast Forum and Gameday Forums, though. So I actually can't edit anything into your original post. It would be nice, but unfortunately not possible.

One European name that you should probably add to your list is Jan Vesely. There is a good chance that he is the first International player taken in the draft, outside of Kanter of course.

lolwut

damn, Kanter's name is actually supposed to be Vesely (it links to his stats). just edited that. if anyone finds better euro stat pages too I can switch those, had no idea where to go for those lol, google ftw.

Who is the mod for this forum? if anyone wants anything added just say what it is and I will just do it later. I plan on adding more mock drafts later as they are produced once the college season gets further going. basically when I find something interesting in college I am gonna add it to this page, so if anyone else finds anything they kinda want bookmarked without using bookmarks post it and I'll add it.

damn, Kanter's name is actually supposed to be Vesely (it links to his stats). just edited that. if anyone finds better euro stat pages too I can switch those, had no idea where to go for those lol, google ftw.

Who is the mod for this forum? if anyone wants anything added just say what it is and I will just do it later. I plan on adding more mock drafts later as they are produced once the college season gets further going. basically when I find something interesting in college I am gonna add it to this page, so if anyone else finds anything they kinda want bookmarked without using bookmarks post it and I'll add it.

Me :glasses:

and I approve of this thread, it's actually one of the best on OTR IMO, I was going to sticky it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to/should :unsure:

Edited by STATCity

Me :glasses:

and I approve of this thread, it's actually one of the best on OTR IMO, I was going to sticky it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to/should :unsure:

I don't see why not. It is definitely going to be a staple thread of the Raptors forum all season long, probably the most active thread we will have all season long, so it could definitely be stickied, at least as far as I'm concerned.

No i know the teams, i mean, your a Raptor tho :(

Ahh, I gotcha.

I thought that was a sarcastic comment or something. :lol:

I might try and catch that UNC game tonight if I get back from the gym in time. Been dying to see Barnes or Irving play.

If you get a chance, I definitely suggest checking it out. Barnes has been absolutely lighting it up. 17 points and 4 rebounds (no turnovers) on 6/7 shooting (4/4 from deep) in only 11 minutes so far.

John Henson is struggling offensively, but has 7 boards in 10 minutes too.

EDIT: Baylor (Perry Jones) is playing later tonight as well. Game is in about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Texas (CoJo and Thompson) play at 9EST tonight as well. I'll definitely be sitting back and watching college ball tonight.

I've been watching on and off while doing some other stuff lol.

What I have loved about Barnes, besides his silky smooth play obviously, is the fact he hardly ever holds the ball more than 2-3 seconds. This kid is not stopping the ball, he is scoring within the offense for the most part. Looks fantastic out there. By everything the announcers say, it really sounds like he has a Kevin Durant type attitude/work ethic/personality. Want this kid badly lol, even if it means Sonny is shown the door.

And who is Jenkins on Hofstra? :lol:

EDIT: Well, there goes my stream lol.

Edited by Check my Stats

Barnes was pretty invisible in the 2nd half (there is still 4 minutes left, but he has been taken out, presumably for the rest of the night as it is a 44 point lead). Didn't score a point and only took 1 shot. He did grab 3 boards and looked better defensively than he did in the first half, although he still got blown by on a couple of occasions. Finished the game with 19 points and 8 rebounds on 7/10 shooting.

I like his unselfishness, like you mentioned, but there are times when I want him to be more aggressive. There were a couple of times in the 2nd half when he was isolated on the wing and had what seemed like a clear path to the rim, but he just swing the ball back around the horn. Maybe it was because the lead was so large that he didn't really want to force the issue, or maybe it is still an adjustment for him, but he definitely could be more aggressive.

I love his game, though. The first half showed why he is the consensous number one pick for the draft right now. There is just no denying his skill level.

I think that Kendall Marshall is going to be a very good player in a couple of years. He isn't going to be a one and done or anything, at least I don't think he will, but I can definitely see him becoming a very good point guard for Roy Williams. He has great instincts with the ball and looked really good distributing it in today's game, although it was against a clearly inferior team.

CJ Leslie has 2 points on 1/4 shooting in 16 minutes so far against East Carolina. I haven't been watching that game, as I was watching the UNC game and I'm taking a break before trying to find a stream for the baylor game in an hour.

Big night tonight.

A lot of highly touted players are playing tonight.

Kyrie Irving

Harrison Barnes

Brandon Knight

CoJo

Tristian Thompson

CJ Leslie

Probably some more that I'm missing.

In case anybody was wondering, the games are:

NC State: 6PM EST

Texas: 7PM EST

Duke: 8:30PM EST

UNC: 8:30 EST

Kentucky: 10:30PM EST

Kansas is also playing at 8PM EST, although Josh Selby isn't playing.

Too bad I work until 11PM tonight and I'll miss all of these games (as well as the Raptor game).

Going to be difficult to decide between the Raps game and all these games, it is tempting to just stay home and watch ball :lol: . I know for sure I want to catch at least a good portion of the Duke game to see Irving play. Luckily the Raps game is on TSN tonight so I can have that going as well as college games

Also I posted earlier (got deleted), not sure if anyone caught the Baylor game or not, but it looked like Perry Jones played really solid. I think he got like 18 points on 9/13 shooting and 8 boards/3 steals or something like that. Was just wondering if anyone got a chance to see him play and if they did, how did he look out there?

Edited by Check my Stats

Going to be difficult to decide between the Raps game and all these games, it is tempting to just stay home and watch ball :lol: . I know for sure I want to catch at least a good portion of the Duke game to see Irving play. Luckily the Raps game is on TSN tonight so I can have that going as well as college games

Also I posted earlier (got deleted), not sure if anyone caught the Baylor game or not, but it looked like Perry Jones played really solid. I think he got like 18 points on 9/13 shooting and 8 boards/3 steals or something like that. Was just wondering if anyone got a chance to see him play and if they did, how did he look out there?

I wanted to watch it, but I couldn't get a working link so I said screw it and just watched the Texas/Illinois game (which turned out to be a good decision on my part as it was a fantastic game and Thompson looked outstanding). He actually ended up with 20 points, but who's counting? ^_^

Did anybody happen to see Kemba Walker's statline from Wednsday night? Dude went nuts with:

42 pts/8 rebs/3 asts/2 stls on 15/24, shooting including 4/9 from deep, with only 1 turnover. Put UCONN on his back in that game.

I saw him play a couple times last season (once vs. Kentucky and I can't remember the other game) and I was impressed with what I saw. If the Raptors could manage to get a 2nd pick in the mid first round by trading Miami's pick along with Jack or something, I wouldn't mind them taking a look at Walker, assuming he continues to impress and they don't get Irving with their own pick.

It is way too early to make any draft predictions, though.

For those interested, Kentucky is playing Oklahoma right now. With the Raptors playing a lot better as of late and not looking like a surefire top 3 pick is in their future, a guy like Brandon Knight or Terrence Jones may be the kind of players that they have their eyes on with their pick, assuming it is in the 6-10 range.

Duke and Baylor also play later today at 7:30 and 8 respectively (Eastern Time).

• 2 weeks later...

So, umm, how about Kemba Walker?

He had another 30 point outing tonight, as well as 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals and 16(!) free throw attempts. He has scored at least 30 points in 4 out of the Huskies 6 games so far (as well as a 29 point game) and is averaging a cool 30 points, 3.6 assists, 4.2 rebounds, 2.2 steals on 53% shooting.

Not too shabby.

Other noteable prospects numbers tonight were:

Brandon Knight - 23 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists on 8/12 shooting (4-6 from three)

Terrence Jones - 18 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists on 7/12 shooting

Jared Sullinger - 11 points, 13 rebounds, 1 block on 3/9 shooting

Harrison Barnes - 8 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist on 2-9 shooting

John Henson - 16 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block on 8-11 shooting

And some Canadian content, Kris Joseph put up 16 points, 4 rebounds, 2 steals on 7-12 shooting.

Just thought I'd bump this thread a bit as it has been a while since anybody made any additions to it.

Did anybody else get the feeling that Triano was tanking that game today against the Knicks? Not that I am saying they should've won because Felton and Amare came up big for the Knicks when they needed them, but he made so many questionable decisions today, mainly in the 4th quarter, that it was unusual. He isn't exactly the best coach in the league, but he has definitely improved so far this year, however, almost all of the decisions he made in the 4th quarter were complete head scratchers. Just off the top of my head:

- He played Kleiza and Weems for the majority of the 4th even though they were both complete garbage all game long, while DeRozan was benched until about 4/5 minutes left despite playing fairly well.

- Bayless got yanked early in the 4th for a very ineffective Calderon. I know he usually has Calderon finish games, but Bayless doesn't usually get benched that early in the 4th, especially when he is outplaying Calderon.

- He randomly decided to take out Bargnani for 2:30 in the final 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. Granted, the Raptors did go on to cut the lead to 2 with Bargs on the bench, but that was just a strange move considering Bargs didn't even look all that tired and was carrying the team.

- He refused to put Amir Johnson, or even Ed Davis, into the game in the 4th despite the fact that Amare was absolutely destroying Bargnani and Kleiza.

- The final play of the game. He is usually solid at drawing plays out of timeout, but he decided to have Bargnani receive a pass 30 feet from the basket? The play didn't even look broken as it seemed to be run exactly as drawn up.

I'm not necessarily saying that he did tank or anything, but I was shocked to see some of his decisions considering how he has actually been pretty solid for the Raptors, substitution patterns aside, this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Selby made his debut tonight after serving his suspension and it was an impressive one, at least based on his box score. He had 21 points and 5 rebounds on 5-11 FG (5-8 from three) in 27 minutes.

He only had 1 assist and 4 turnovers, which is the knock against him as a point guard, but you can't really complain considering this was his first game in a while.

If Brandon or BasX see this, did either of you watch the game? If so, any chance of giving me a quick recap of how he played?

EDIT: Might as well post other top prospects numbers from tonight.

Jared Sullinger - 30 points, 19 rebounds on 10-19 shooting

Harrison Barnes - 16 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists on 5-10 shooting (hit a game tying 3 with 12 seconds left)

Corey Joseph - 21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists on 8-14 shooting (hit game winner with 1.2 seconds)

Perry Jones - 19 points, 8 rebounds on 8-15 shooting

Terrence Jones - 19 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks on 5-10 shooting

Brandon Knight - 14 points, 4 assists on 5-13 shooting

• 1 month later...

Colangelo has been out scouting quite a bit lately. He went to a Baylor/Kansas game to scout Perry Jones and Josh Selby, he went to see Jimmer Fredette when he put up 43 points and now him and a few other Raptors employees were scouting Kemba Walker:

Syracuse had 45 rebounds, surpassing the high for a UConn opponent this season. DePaul had 44 on Jan. 15. ... According to the courtside seating chart, 10 NBA teams had representatives at the game, with the Raptors sending four people, including GM Bryan Colangelo. The Celtics had two, including Danny Ainge. ... Calhoun and Boeheim set a record for combined wins by opposing coaches (1,687). Boeheim entered 847-297 in 35 seasons. Calhoun entered 840-360 in 39 seasons.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/155322267

I would've been fine with Kemba earlier in the season when it looked like the Raptors would be picking in the 8-10 range, but with them looking like a lock for a top 5 pick, I would hate if they drafted Walker, at least with their own pick. Not that I am saying that they will be drafting him due to one scouting trip or anything like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news:

Raptors seem to have locked up a bottom 5 record now that the Nets have Williams. The worst I can see them finishing is 3rd last in the East and 5th last overall. That pretty much guarantees them a top 6 pick at the very least.

Bad news:

I was reading that Jared Sullinger and Enes Kanter both might not declare for the draft. Not that I particularly want either one on the Raptors (although Kanter would be a decent consolation prize if Irving is gone), but if they both pull out this draft continues to go down the gutter. It isn't as big of a deal with the Raptors not having a 2nd pick anymore, but it greatly reduces the chances of them getting Irving, Jones or Barnes should they not move up into the top 3 of the lottery.

It is still early, though. I don't think anybody can really say anything until after March Madness.