LeBron's twitter post

xx.

I wouldn't say that. LeBron has done many more things to give reason to others to hate on him.

Yeah you're right it's not the only reason... But there is clearly a before and after "Decision" though. Before the decision, even if a lot of people hated him because of his arrogance there were as much people, even maybe more, who loved him. Since the decision there are way more people who hate him... and, even if I understand why a lot of people hate him, I think that it's really exaggerated.

• Owner

Yeah you're right it's not the only reason... But there is clearly a before and after "Decision" though. Before the decision, even if a lot of people hated him because of his arrogance there were as much people, even maybe more, who loved him. Since the decision there are way more people who hate him... and, even if I understand why a lot of people hate him, I think that it's really exaggerated.

Well, he used to be my second favorite player in the NBA. Then he declined to shake hands during the playoff series loss, and he wore a shirt that asked us to check his $tats. Before the Decision, that was enough for me to wish he loses every single game for the rest of his career. From top of the mountain, to crashing at the bottom.

It's little things like this that cause people to turn against him. Oden has a long road ahead of him, and his career is in jeopardy. LeBron shouldn't crack a joke, especially when it concerns his age (or, the age he looks), because the multiple injuries to athletes are usually directly related to age. While I know that's not why he made that joke (I'm more upset that he found humor before sorrow), others will think calling him "Olden" is taking a shot at his multiple knee injuries.

He's a screw-up, simple as that. I don't feel sorry for LeBron, at all, because everything he says and does will be looked at with a bigger microscope because he's a superstar and the future of the league, just like Wade and his divorce, just like Bryant and his trial and him promoting COD.

Problem is, LeBron is bringing this on himself. He's making the choice to be arrogant and a clown. It's the same guy that quoted (re-tweeted) hundreds of Twitter followers when they were giving him props for his play, calling him the greatest, saying he will show up his haters. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

• Owner

:lol: :lol:

quit getting so butthurt. the NBA needs more of this.

It wouldn't be a problem if Oden was still playing, and would see him later in the season. If someone did this to me while I was injured, and was cracking jokes and turning it into something it shouldn't be, he'd get hit in his jaw.

Fans are told not to wish injury on anyone, or make light of an injury. Maybe the NBA needs more of that, though. Maybe we should wish LeBron shatters his kneecap and Sam Bowie's his career.

For all we know they could be friends and LeBron seriously calls him Olden. I don't think it's a big deal

^^ this

infact I think Oden looks like LeBron, only 50 years older lol, if youve ever seen the Nike vids where lebron does like 4 of himself, when he looks like the old dude he looks exactly like Greg Oden. Anyone it was just a joke, and LeBron did seem pretty supportive to Greg in the tweet. I don't see why this is a topic or why ppl be hating.

It wouldn't be a problem if Oden was still playing, and would see him later in the season. If someone did this to me while I was injured, and was cracking jokes and turning it into something it shouldn't be, he'd get hit in his jaw.

Fans are told not to wish injury on anyone, or make light of an injury. Maybe the NBA needs more of that, though. Maybe we should wish LeBron shatters his kneecap and Sam Bowie's his career.

he's not making fun of him for bieng injured, he's making fun of him for looking old. if he said 'Hahahaha Greg Olden just can't stay healthy.' then it would be a dick comment, but he's making a comment poking fun at a rival player.

• Owner

he's not making fun of him for bieng injured, he's making fun of him for looking old. if he said 'Hahahaha Greg Olden just can't stay healthy.' then it would be a dick comment, but he's making a comment poking fun at a rival player.

LeBron shouldn't crack a joke, especially when it concerns his age (or, the age he looks), because the multiple injuries to athletes are usually directly related to age. While I know that's not why he made that joke (I'm more upset that he found humor before sorrow), others will think calling him "Olden" is taking a shot at his multiple knee injuries.

Well, he used to be my second favorite player in the NBA. Then he declined to shake hands during the playoff series loss, and he wore a shirt that asked us to check his $tats. Before the Decision, that was enough for me to wish he loses every single game for the rest of his career. From top of the mountain, to crashing at the bottom.

It's little things like this that cause people to turn against him. Oden has a long road ahead of him, and his career is in jeopardy. LeBron shouldn't crack a joke, especially when it concerns his age (or, the age he looks), because the multiple injuries to athletes are usually directly related to age. While I know that's not why he made that joke (I'm more upset that he found humor before sorrow), others will think calling him "Olden" is taking a shot at his multiple knee injuries.

He's a screw-up, simple as that. I don't feel sorry for LeBron, at all, because everything he says and does will be looked at with a bigger microscope because he's a superstar and the future of the league, just like Wade and his divorce, just like Bryant and his trial and him promoting COD.

Problem is, LeBron is bringing this on himself. He's making the choice to be arrogant and a clown. It's the same guy that quoted (re-tweeted) hundreds of Twitter followers when they were giving him props for his play, calling him the greatest, saying he will show up his haters. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

Yeah but it ain't the first time that we see that kinda behavior in the NBA... Most of the best players were all very arrogant. I can understand why people are angry with him about all of these but personally these T-Shirt, declining shaking hands, decision or dancing things doesn't bother me one bit...

Of course there's no surprise that people hate him for that. And I am not bothered a bit by all this hating, people are allowed to do what they want. I certainly don't want all the people who hate him to stop doing it... Especially the Cavs fans, they have every reason to be pissed off, LeBron said over and over again that he would never leave Cleveland so... I understand that. I wouldn't hate him for that if I was a Cavs fan but I understand that they do.

No all I'm saying is that all of this is going too far, that's all. Now people are arguing to know if it was a typo or not, seriously... Especially that it doesn't concern us one bit, this matter only concerns LeBron and Greg, it ain't any of our business. And as Lkr said maybe they're friend and LeBron just said that as a joke... It's a bad joke, that's for sure lol, but it's nothing more than a bad joke, so I just don't understand the big deal.

I'm not a LeBron fan, so I ain't saying this to defend LeBron. I'm neither a LeBron fan or hater. I don't hate any player in the league in fact. Well I don't like the Spurs but I don't hate them at the same time. I mean I don't like the way they play basketball, I don't like Duncan's whinning, Ginobili's flopping or Pop's hack a Shaq (he ain't the only one who did it but he clearly exaggerated..) and I ain't a big fan of Parker as well. I don't like them as basketball players/coach, but I have nothing against the people they are. Especially that I don't know them personally...

I don't hate any basketball player, I don't care how they are as people in fact. All I care about is that they're good basketball players, the rest is meaningless to me, it's just gossip. And LeBron is a great basketball player, this cannot be denied, so I enjoy watching him play (even if he ain't my favorite player..), that's all what matters to me.

Well anyhow again I'm not saying that people should do as I do, and I understand why many people hate him, and I certainly don't feel sorry for LeBron either lol, there's no way I'm gonna feel sorry for someone who's paid millions of dollars to do the thing he likes most, but I just wanted to explain why I personally don't. I just wanted to give my opinion on this topic, that in my opinion all of this is going a bit too far, that's all, but that doesn't bother me at the same time.

Typo or not Greg Olden looks old.

I mean Oden my bad typo.

LOL nice one Preppy.

Edited by Oliver P

but it's obvious when you think about it. if there's a guy who looks like a 60 year old, and has knee trouble, and you crack and old joke, it's going to clearly be a reference to his looks. if people think this is a shot at Oden for bieng innured (despite LeBron saying 'keep your head up' and stuff, it's probably because they're looking for a reason to rag on LeBron rather than actually think about what he has to say. if his post was 'Unlucky Greg Olden' then maybe it could be about his knee injuries, but i don't see how this can be taken like so from an unbiased point of view. plus Oden's younger than LeBron anyways, so it can't be an actual age joke

Edited by Lil' Penny