Is there always gonna be an excuse for every loss?

Purple&Gold

Every time when I see the Miami Heat lose I always see these excuses on the NBA homepage about them. Are the Miami Heat really that big of a deal, is it really more surprising than other teams losing? They are the Big Three, I believe the Celtics and the Lakers also do to, and I don't see why they may have lost and see that it is so important? What makes the Heat so special more than the other 29 NBA teams?

It really just annoys me, but do you guys have any reasons why the Heat are so important more than any other team when they lose? I don't.

It is how it is. Like Nitro said, no team has had so much hype about them, now when they fail people are like "Wade was sick...." or "Bosh was off..." Not saying those were being said, but sounds like the excuses that NBA , and ESPN would come up with.

Now in Miamis defense, when Boston had their hypes along with Lakers back in '04, the same stuff happens to them, BUT not as big as the Heat.

• Owner

ESPN (and any big media outlet, for that matter) does not want people to think this team is a bust. They feed from that hype.

Of course, they may title one article, "Hype too hot for Heat?" They may have fans questioning it. However, that's sports writing. Anyone that has ever covered a sport knows that questioning an athlete, a team or the fans is a good way to get your article read.

Do they end up saying the Heat are a bust? Hell no...it would ruin it all. But, they will question it, and that takes pointing out even the smallest issues.

Their will be an excuse after every loss and 100 pats on the back after every win. I can't wait to see where the hype train takes us after the Heat rattle off a 10 game win streak where they win by double figures every game.

Edited by N.1.A.K.