#1 Duke vs. #4 Kansas State

Built Ford Tough

Irving is making Pullen look like a scrub right now on both ends of the floor. Offensively, he is driving by him like he isn't even there. He has blown by Pullen at least 5 times in the first half so far and is getting anywhere he wants on the floor. He has 10 points and 4 or 5 assists right now (could have around 8 if some teammates finished down low, hit an open jumper or weren't fouled).

Defensively, he has also looked great so far. Pullen has yet to score a point and it has been Irving who has been on him quite a bit (although Smith has covered him at times as well). Pullen has looked completely invisible so far tonight on offense and has stood out like a sore thumb defensively with Irving constantly blowing by him.

One thing that Irving needs to improve on is finishing in traffic. He has great quickness and can get to the rim whenever he wants, but he has struggled a bit finishing. Outside of that, he has been superb, though.

Duke's backcourt in general has been great. Smith has 10 points or something and Curry has 4 off of the bench, to go along with Irving's production. That has been the difference in the game so far and it why Duke is up by 11.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Haha, I LOVE seeing Irving destroy Pullen.

Back-to-back turnovers by Pullen because of Irving's pressure. Irving is making him look like complete garbage so far. It's not like he is getting good looks or anything and just missing, he can't get any good looks or do anything offensively with Irving's constant pressure.

I don't watch K-State often, but this is by far the worst half I've ever seen from Pullen.

I've been really impressed with Curry tonight as well. This is the first time that I've actually seen him play, but I really like what I see from him defensively. Everybody knows about his shooting ability, but what I've liked the most is how he had played defensively. He has really quick hands, plays passing lanes well and reads the play very well.

And Irving forces Pullen to put up an airball from three, then turns around and hits a nasty bank shot on him on the other end of the floor (which should've been an And 1). He has made Pullen his [expletive] tonight. Making him look absolutely silly on both ends of the floor.

EDIT: I think I may commit suicide if Irving doesn't become a Raptor. I've completely fallen in love with his game. He is just everything that I want from my point guard, and, mor importantly, is everything that the Raptors need. Guy is just unreal.

• Owner

EDIT: I think I may commit suicide if Irving doesn't become a Raptor. I've completely fallen in love with his game. He is just everything that I want from my point guard, and, mor importantly, is everything that the Raptors need. Guy is just unreal.

LMAO, don't do that. You post a lot here.

While I don't deny that there have been some questionable calls that have went against K-State, that is hardly the reason why they are losing this game. They are simply getting outplayed and their backcourt has absolutely no answer for Irving and Smith (at least in the first half, he has been a huge blackhole in the 2nd).

Irving with 17 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists (could easily be 8 or 9) so far tonight. :wub:

Oh and Dicky V, as if Irving won't be entering the draft this year. Lockout or not, he is going to be in the draft considering he is a lock for a top 3 pick and could easily go number 1 if he continues to play like he has to start off the season.

Wow, Smith is such a blackhole. The only time he passes the ball is when he knows that he is guaranteed an assist on the play. He just pounds the ball for 20 seconds, puts his head down and drives. If he can't get to the rim, he will either throw up a wild shot or bring the ball out to the top of the circle and pound the ball some more.

K-State really seems to miss Clemente. Pullen is clearly not a point guard and they really miss his leadership.

EDIT: Looks like Flash beat me too it. :lol:

I would love to see Kentucky play Duke this season. Kentucky really impressed my tonight. I think Terrence Jones could do some damage and the Knight/Irving matchup would be epic.

I'm pretty stoked about the UConn/Kentucky game tomorrow night. I fully expect Kentucky to win rather easily, but the Walker/Knight matchup is going to be awesome, especially if both played like they did today.

Impressive win by Duke tonight. I don't like them very much (only watch them because of Irving), but they are going to be very difficult to stop this season. They are just so damn talented and so deep, especially in the backcourt with Irving, Smith, Curry and Dawkins.

Kyrie Irving was named MVP of the CBE Classic, not that it should surprise anybody after the kind of performances that he had throughout the tournament, particularly tonight where he completely shut down and abused one of the top guards in the nation.

Just thought I'd pass that along because, well, you know, Irving is awesome. :glasses: