Dr. Pepper Big 12 Championship: #13 Nebraska vs #9 Oklahoma

Lkr

OU will blow Nebraska off the field.

The only consistent player on Nebraska's offense is Rex Burkhead.

They won't blow any Nebraska team off the field with the way the Cornhuskers play defense. And their offense can stay with a lot of teams. I'd trust Nebraska's defense to get a key stop over almost anyone in the country.

If Nebraska's defense can turn in a performance such as the one they did when they stifled Missouri's spread attack the Cornhuskers should win. But they seriously need penetration inside from Steinkuhler and Jared Crick and a fresh yet lethal rotation at the spindle spot in their multiple defensive formation. It'd be ideal if they could limit Murray and force Landry Jones into some terrible decisions like he had last week against the Cowboys.

And I also don't agree that Nebraska's only consistent player is Burkhead. They have a stellar offensive line up front, particularly the inside. Burkhead helps, he's a great runner, but I think you have to realize that teams scheme to take Niles Paul away in the passing game and Taylor Martinez needs to be contained. Paul and Martinez are keyed upon so much that they cannot be consistent, yet the Cornhuskers get a contribution from an array of different players on any given day. I expect Kinnee to play a great game on Saturday.

Give me 20-17 Nebraska.