Breaking news: 2018 and 2022 World Cups in Russia and Qatar

Dash

I am very disappointed and a bit mad at their decision to award the World Cup to Qatar, but their plan was stunning, and the promise of demolishing stadiums after the World Cup to build houses in 3rd world countries is a truly remarkable thing to do and, to be honest, one that only Qatar can do out of the 2022 applicants.

The accusations of bribing voters makes you wonder how big of a role that played in the decisions. I love the Russia pick but picking Qatar over the United States is a joke.

The accusations of bribing voters makes you wonder how big of a role that played in the decisions. I love the Russia pick but picking Qatar over the United States is a joke.

Picking Qatar in general is a joke, most Europeans are drinkers so I highly doubt the Qatari stadiums will draw any huge audiences from Europe.

Picking Qatar in general is a joke, most Europeans are drinkers so I highly doubt the Qatari stadiums will draw any huge audiences from Europe.

Houston alone has almost twice the population of Qatar. Terrible.

• Like 3

wow y'all hatin on qatar? arabs don't play soccer that well, but middle east is CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (WAY more than USA has ever been) about soccer, its gonna be great - batistuta, roberto carlos, rivaldo, these guys have played in the middle east too cuz they got love and the money and facilities..dudes will run on the field to kiss and hug the damn stars thats how much they love soccer (something u see in epl all the time)

i might have to make a trip back to saudi arabia and and go from there lol

and do u know how easy it is to travel in between middle eastern countires...having it in qatar = having it in all of middle east in terms of who will be reachin for the games

Edited by Clutch

wow y'all hatin on qatar? arabs don't play soccer that well, but middle east is CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (WAY more than USA has ever been) about soccer, its gonna be great - batistuta, roberto carlos, rivaldo, these guys have played in the middle east too cuz they got love and the money and facilities..dudes will run on the field to kiss and hug the damn stars thats how much they love soccer (something u see in epl all the time)

and do u know how easy it is to travel in between middle eastern countires...having it in qatar = having it in all of middle east in terms of who will be reachin for the games

Women in Qatar have to dress up 'modestly'. So no more of this:

http://iamkoream.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/miss_world_cupfull.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/258/796/cutebrazilfan_display_image.jpg?1276563589

[expletive] this.

google images is filled with naked girls if thats what you want to take from the world cup lol

its the WORLD CUP, have an open mind guys, and experience something a little more different, im sure you guys will enjoy it just as much

but believe me, the soccer culture in the middle east is one of the best in the world

Edited by Clutch

google images is filled with naked girls if thats what you want to take from the world cup lol

its the WORLD CUP, have an open mind guys, and experience something a little more different, im sure you guys will enjoy it just as much

but believe me, the soccer culture in the middle east is one of the best in the world

People tried to say the same thing about South Africa.

I hate Russia. The world cup had England written all over it. Russian transport links are horrific. England is a small country..already has loads of stadia to be used..everything is so close...many airports. Nothing would need to be rushed to prepare. Plus the football at the end of the day is a truely English thing..they'd make it so special. Very disappointed. I guess we have the Olympics in 2012 though. I'd gladly swap however. :D

By the way the official Fifa evaluation for Qatar (released several weeks ago) was awful. Normally I don't like playing the role of the conspirator but if it wasn't any more obvious that there was foul play...

Wonder why you love the middle east....Hassan

Seriously stfu, your logic was absolutely terrible. No one wants to go to the middle east, the most unstable part of the world. CRAZYYYYYYYY about soccer? Then Europe and South America must be CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY .... yea that much more Y's dumbass

They have money from oil and thats it.. this is a joke and just a straight up political move by fifa trying to have the world cup in every part of the world.

They average a temperature of 105-120 degrees in the summer there, lmao at there "air conditioned" stadiums inside.. straight up joke, everyone knows it

Should have been England (having the olympics so they have great new venues and fans from all over Europe) and USA, and to be honest I would be just as fine with Australia getting it

Edited by xx.

obviously europe and stuff is more no one said middle east is the best lmao

but you've never been to the middle east you have no idea how the culture is and im tellin you from experience that is one of the best when it comes to soccer

all im sayin is its a good change, and ur an idiot of u honestly believe no one wants to go the middle east, qatar is a lot more stable than brazil and south africa

all they have is oil? this is exactly why the world cup needs to be there, so people like you can learn a little somethin about the damn culture other than unstable terrorist hostilities, oil rich fat [expletive] drivin expensive cars arabs etc.

so you stfu, you guys have even dumber logic, beer, women, unstable, weather...gtfo lol

Edited by Clutch

obviously europe and stuff is more no one said middle east is the best lmao

but you've never been to the middle east you have no idea how the culture is and im tellin you from experience that is one of the best when it comes to soccer

all im sayin is its a good change, and ur an idiot of u honestly believe no one wants to go the middle east, qatar is a lot more stable than brazil and south africa

all they have is oil? this is exactly why the world cup needs to be there, so people like you can learn a little somethin about the damn culture other than unstable terrorist hostilities, oil rich fat [expletive] drivin expensive cars arabs etc.

so you stfu, you guys have even dumber logic, beer, women, unstable, weather...gtfo lol

If you're going to tell me Qatar isn't a wealthy nation because they are an oil and gas nation, then you are just retarded, because it is a fact. No, I never been to the middle east and probably never will for my own sake but I do know about the Muslim and Arab culture because I go to school and learn about these type of aspects in world politics. Qatar is a stable nation because it is too tiny to not be stable, but seriously being run by the same family for centuries, that is pretty corrupt. I was talking about the middle east as a whole being very unstable and it is, it's a fact. Every country is dominated by the ruling of a religion making it corrupt automatically, plus it isnt better that because you are a Sunni or a Shiites that makes you two different people, as they think. The city of Doha is very nice and it is a mini Dubai that is for sure, its a nice country but not a country to have a major event like the world cup, it was a straight up political move.

ROFL, QATAR?! WTF!? Has anyone seen this country on the map? It's directly in the middle of Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, what are the chances Qatar even exists in 2022? Not to mention the country is so [expletive]ing small, this has to be some sort of December fools joke.

Yet there were so many reasons working against Qatar that FIFA and its members managed to conveniently ignore – such as the heat, which will force fans and players to endure temperatures soaring over 100 degrees during the tournament. Or the impracticality of hosting a global event in a nation with only one major city. Or the security risks of staging it in the midst of a politically unstable region.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ro-worldcupvote120210

• Like 2

im not sayin qatar is a broke nation that needs this for money, im sayin that them being considered as just an "oil-country" is very limited thinking by people

political corruption...as if there IS a country in the world without it LOL, it doesn't even have anything to do with religion in half the countries because the rulers don't even practice Islam, if they did they wouldn't be swimming in gold bath tubs

but ok i see your point now though, it was a political move by FIFA and unfair to America's bid and stuff..i missed that i guess, i apologize. I agree, FIFA made a political move (they always do)

But personally i think people will be very pleased with the actual world cup experience and will have a change of mind about the decision eventually

Who cares?

excellent post man. Way to add to the topic! Russia is just as unstable as Qatar so need for the extra hate on Qatar. Either way I think both at terrible choices and FIFA should go a stable nation as first choice. They think that because the South Africa experiment was a success so will all these. I am not trying to be racsist here but a terrorist would blend in as a Qatar citizen and what better place to plant a bomb than a stadium with tens of thousands of people, most white men who are drunk?