Yao now out indefintiely

Dash

The status of Yao Ming's return to the court moved to indefinite hold on Tuesday.

Yao's optimistic target date to return from a sprained left ankle was Tuesday's game. With that passing and with him still not practicing, Rockets athletic trainer Keith Jones said the center will not practice this week because the team wants him to strengthen the muscles around the ankle before clearing him to practice.

There have not been any setbacks and he is no longer in pain, but the time off weakened the area. The Rockets will practice Monday, but Yao is more likely to practice the following week.

"I don't know yet," Yao said of when he might return. "There is no guarantee. I try. I'll try my best. I can guarantee that."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7329189.html

I am so tired of this [expletive].

LOL

Whatever I already have accepted the Rockets are a Yao-less team. It doesn't bother me that he will be out longer, what bothers me is all the reports that said he would be back by the end of the week. At this point any article on Yao's return is bull[expletive].

• Owner

He's going to retire. I stated it in the off-season, and I'm sticking to it. I just don't think he's going to recover from that injury the way he'll need to in order to play at a high level, extended minutes, and for Yao, there's no reason to stick around and play out the rest of your career that way.

It's obvious the Rockets are T-Macing Yao, the only difference is I don't them trading Yao. He'll play couple of more games this season and will more than likley retire if he doesn't decide to sign for less money.

Its ridiculous how the Rockets organization is handling this. First he's out for a week, then he misses another week, then the Rockets pretend that Yao isn't even on the team for the following 2 weeks hoping it slips by the media (and it kinda has), and now he's out indefinitely? -_-

Edited by Dash

I don't really blame them for being extra careful. I mean say they throw him out on the court to fast and he goes down for good, that's actually a worse scenario than what they are doing with him now. They seem to be holding on to the guy when in reality they probably know he's one landing away from it all being over.

It's early the Rockets seem to be getting better, I guess they see they can buy more time. Wasn't the ideal dream to make the playoffs and then work him over lol.

Anyway RD is right his career is sadly over, it would be cool to have him as a bench player with a small contract low risk high reward if he plays well in the limited role.

Edited by htown11