Should Kleiza and Weems be Benched?

After seeing these two play completely selfish on offense, chucking up shot after shot and constantly turning the ball over, combined with neither of them even attempting to play any defense, do you think that Triano should bench them for a game or two to send a message to them that they need to play a team game? Both of them seem to be looking at this situation of being a lottery team as an excuse to chuck up shots and inflate their stats, which is not only hurting the team, but is also hurting their own games.

I think that if they both continue to play how they have been lately, they should both be glued to the bench. Start Julian Wright, who even though he sucks and doesn't have nearly the same talent as either of these two, almost always plays within himself and always gives it his all on defense. Show these two that if they want to get minutes, they need to buy into the team concept and not just use the Raptors as a stepping stool.

Anybody else feel the same way?

• Owner

I haven't watched the Raptors much over the last week or two, but I would bench Kleiza for sure. I never really knew why he was starting in the first place.

Is Weems being selfish again? If so, you might as well show him the bench, also.

And I can say, without a doubt, you're accurate about Julian. I've always wished the best for him, anyway. :)

Stick players in the game that will play for the team, and will put out on the defensive end, regardless of the record or score of the game.

I’m all for waiving Kleiza as a matter of fact I don’t want to see Kleiza at all. He is a waste of a roster spot and he should go back to Europe.

Weems just doesn’t have a high basketball IQ. I think hitting that game winner in Orlando has gotten to his head now he thinks he can hit every three and every jumper that he takes and he is clearly doing a terrible job. Jay should bench Weems for a couple of games and drill it to his head that he is more effective when he takes the ball to the basket.

I haven't watched the Raptors much over the last week or two, but I would bench Kleiza for sure. I never really knew why he was starting in the first place.

Is Weems being selfish again? If so, you might as well show him the bench, also.

And I can say, without a doubt, you're accurate about Julian. I've always wished the best for him, anyway. :)

Stick players in the game that will play for the team, and will put out on the defensive end, regardless of the record or score of the game.

He was starting because he was the "prized offseason acquisition". Colangelo has been hyping him up for the past two offseasons so he was obviously going to immediately insert him into the starting lineup and have him play a key role on offense.

To be fair, he did play pretty well in the preseason and did earn a starting spot based on that. It was clear after about 4 games that he shouldn't be starting, though.

As for Weems, it isn't just the selfishness that is bothering me, and many other Raptor fans. We have grwn accustomed to the fact that Weems is a gunner and will take questionable shots. The problem with his play as of late is that he is doing nothing but chucking up jumpers, absolutely refusing to drive to the rim, turning the ball over non stop and, worst of all, is playing without any energy, especially on the defensive end of the floor. The best parts of his game are being pushed aside so that he can continue to chuck up jumpers from deep even though he is a horrible three point shooter (like 20% for his career and that might even be generous).

On the bright side, these two have been the biggest reasons for Toronto's struggles as of late so maybe their minutes should actually be increased. They have been great tank commanders as of late. :lol:

Kleiza did play well in preseason but that’s beside the point. Now it’s the regular season and he is the most selfish player on the team plus I think he is a waste of a roster spot. He looks for his first before passing the ball and misses a lot of easy shots. He may have been successful in Europe but that doesn’t mean everyone’s game can translate into the NBA game.

I saw them play against the Pacers, and I'd have to say that I'd consider benching both of them. Kleiza shoots the ball whenever he gets the ball practically, and as for Weems, he shoots the ball hesitantly but, he does shoot some pretty bad shots. I'm not sure because I really haven't watched them enough, but just judging from that Pacers game, I'd say that they probably should be benched. It would help the team chemistry in my opinion.