Arenas Gun anniversary

headliner

"Everyone is going to have their judgments about everything," Arenas told Yahoo! Sports. "I never told the real story. Javaris [Crittenton] never told the real story. But everybody had a story out there, and that's the problem. You're judging me off a story that somebody else made up. And that was the part that hurt. That's not fair.

"I look at people different now. I try not to attach myself to people anymore as much because if people heard the real story..."

Those close to Arenas said he remains upset that some early media reports inferred he and Crittenton pointed the guns at each other.

"It's pointless now," Arenas said when asked to explain what really happened. "I already got in trouble.

"If I looked at a newspaper, I became this evil guy. Now wait a minute, what did I do that was actually evil? I don't know. It was frustrating, but ... it's in the past now, so hopefully I can just move on."

Yahoo Sports

Worst part is, ever since this incident, people view him as a locker room cancer and a "bad guy".

That's true ABL, I don't think that it's fair to judge him on that thing only, especially that we only know what the media told us about this...

I personally don't care about this, I don't even wanna know what really happened or not, everyone makes mystakes anyhow.. All I care about is what kind of player Arenas is, not what kind of person he is (I don't know him personally anyhow so I can't possibly judge him as a person) and he is a fantastic basketball player. I've always liked him and so I still like him as much.

Let's just forget about this story for good. I'm glad to see him back at quite a good level this year. And I certainly hope that he's gonna get back to the level he was playing at three/four years ago.