Josh Koscheck Suffers Broken Orbital Bone

UFC welterweight contender Josh Koscheck suffered a broken orbital bone during the first round of his championship fight versus Georges St. Pierre (21-2) Saturday night in Montreal, a source told ESPN.com.

Koscheck (15-5) was released from a Montreal-area hospital Sunday afternoon, according to his trainer, Bob Cook. He cannot fly home to San Jose, Calif., because an air pocket formed behind the broken orbital bone, making air travel dangerous. UFC officials arranged for Koscheck and Cook to drive Sunday afternoon from Montreal to Boston, where the 33-year-old fighter is expected to undergo surgery Monday or Tuesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5912299

Anybody watch the fight last night? St. Pierre put on an absolute clinic. Kos' eye was swollen shut after the first round (which is when the break occured) from all of the jabs that GSP landed.

You've gotta hand it to Kos, though. Despite the fact that he couldn't see out of his left eye (he didn't even notice when Joe Rogan tried to shake his hand after interviewing him), he hung in there and didn't quit.

GSP is just something else. Nobody at 170 is going to touch him. Supposedly Jake Shields gets the next shot and after seeing GSP absolutely dominate Kos on the feet last night, while stuffing most of his takedowns (Kos landed one late in the 1st), Shields doesn't stand a chance. It is going to be a massacare.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

It's safe to say that GSP has gotta be one of the best fighters in MMA right now, likely top three. I never thought once that he was in trouble last night, nor against fighters like Alves or Finch (I believe it was Finch he fought, maybe Fitch). He never took the fight to the ground because he never really needed to. He developed an against gameplan against Koscheck's looping rights and his wrestling abilities. His stick and move really confused and frustrated Josh. Some of those combos was ridiculous.

Shields won't touch him either.

I mean GSP was in favour of winning by almost everyone but I seriously didn't expect GSP to make Kos look like a joke out there. I'm not a huge fan of UFC, well I am but I don't know much but I have watched every episode of The Ultimate Figher season 12 so far with Kos and GSP as coaches so I can see where the hype was coming from and I expected this fight to be pretty competitive but seems like GSP won by as much as he won TUF.