Tyreke Evans May Have Surgery; Would be out 3-4 Months

Kings G Tyreke Evans is considering a left foot procedure involving lasers to heal his plantar fasciitis. It would put him out 3-4 months.

A source close to him says he had already decided to do procedure soon, but wonders if his 32-pt outing might cause him to rethink it.

Plan B would be for Evans to do it near All-Star break. Plan C - which doesn't seem likely - would be for him to not do it at all

http://twitter.com/samickAOL

Judging from his brutal play this season, I'd say just do it now and get it over with. From what I've seen of him so far this year, he has been absolutely awful and if his plantar fasciitis is the reason for his struggles, you might as well go ahead and get it over with.

Besides, its not like the Kings are going to be missing him. They are the worst team in the league with him in the lineup as is.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Plantar Fasciitis is no joke, and for someone who relies as heavily on athleticism as Tyreke does (moreso lateral than straight-ahead speed), it can be a major handicap. I say he should go for it. Sacramento has been arguably the worst team in the NBA this season, so there is absolutely no reason for the franchise player to stick it out and potentially worsen the injury. Besides, it would probably just increase their chances of obtaining another #1-3 lottery pick anyway, which is what they should be striving for with only 5 or 6 wins at the start of 2011.