Durant, Gay star in US intrasquad game

The Goods

LAS VEGAS (AP)—Kevin Durant(notes) had 20 points and eight rebounds to lead the way to a 100-81 win in a Team USA intrasquad exhibition game on Saturday night.

Rudy Gay(notes) scored a game-high 27 points for the losing Blue team.

Durant, playing for the White team, continued to make his case for a spot on the national team roster. The Oklahoma City Thunder forward has a chance to be a part of next year’s team at the world championships in Turkey. It is possible there will be two or three open spots on the roster.

“I can only control what I do,” Durant said. “I gave it the best I could and that’s all I can do. It went well.”

The 20-year-old former Texas star went 9 for 9 from the free throw line, 5 for 12 from the field and 1 for 4 from 3-point range.

“He is an explosive player and he plays hard,” U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski said. “Ten seconds to go and he’s trying to block shots.”

Greg Oden(notes), the first pick in the 2007 draft, scored seven points and added eight rebounds to cap his first experience with the national team. The Portland Trail Blazers center had missed the past three national team summer camps with injuries.

New Jersey Nets center Brook Lopez(notes) scored 18 points and added five rebounds for the Blue team.

The game at the Thomas & Mack Center on the UNLV campus capped a minicamp.

Krzyzewski and USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo watched the game from the sideline. Toronto Raptors coach Jay Triano oversaw the minicamp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjyYebvyf8zUkQCVImVHDh28vLYF?slug=ap-usminicamp&prov=ap&type=lgns

Does anyone notice what's wrong with the title?