Cavs Targeting Blatche, Harris & more

Rumor mill

-- The Cavs have inquired about Wizards forward Andray Blatche. At 6-foot-11, 260 pounds, he has perfect size for a power forward. He's been quite productive, as he's averaging 16.7 points and 8.2 rebounds this season. With Rashard Lewis and Al Thornton on the roster, Blatche could become available.

-- The Cavs remain very active in trade talks. They are right in the middle of the Carmelo Anthony trade talks and can help facilitate the deal. They are reportedly hoping to get a first-round pick out of the proceedings.

-- Nets point guard Devin Harris' name is also out there. The Cavs might be wise to acquire him if he's offered, even though his beefy contract is very similar to Mo Williams'. Harris has more value around the league and could be flipped again by the trading deadline.

Read More

I hope to God we are able to trade Blatche to the Cavs. And really, he has a manageable contract and could have a breakout year...it's just not happening in DC. I don't know if the front office is looking at possible deals, but I'm assuming we want a pick or two, or maybe a guy like Hickson, Parker, or Varejao (not sure if the Cavs want to ship him out though).

I hope to God we are able to trade Blatche to the Cavs. And really, he has a manageable contract and could have a breakout year...it's just not happening in DC. I don't know if the front office is looking at possible deals, but I'm assuming we want a pick or two, or maybe a guy like Hickson, Parker, or Varejao (not sure if the Cavs want to ship him out though).

I like your thinking, I just don't see what the Wizards would want from the Cavs aside from draft picks. Hickson may be a possibility, but like Varejao I'm not sure they'd want to move him. I don't think Parker would really fit in Washington, we're already pretty stacked at the SG/SF area.

why do you want to trade Blatche? I've never seen him play, but his stats look good and he has a manageable contract.

He's immature and in my opinion too stubborn to ever get any better. Some teams may think he has more potential, which he may have, and we should get what we can from them. Plus it'd get rid of his contract.

I like your thinking, I just don't see what the Wizards would want from the Cavs aside from draft picks. Hickson may be a possibility, but like Varejao I'm not sure they'd want to move him. I don't think Parker would really fit in Washington, we're already pretty stacked at the SG/SF area.

Hickson is the player they want to move the most (Click Here)

He isn't very good, but he's a project that's still on his rookie contract. He won't be our starting PF (Lewis will move to PF), nor is he our long term solution at the position. But he's someone we can develop, or just simply let him expire whenever his contract is over. I'm looking more at their picks and Anthony Parker (because of his expiring contract and his ability to spot up at three to help Wall out). Who knows, maybe they end up throwing Powe into the mix.

But that's not the only scenario we should be looking at. I came up with a deal that sends Blatche and Thornton to Sacramento for Carl Landry and Casspi (both players that are on the trade block). I know they want a PG in return to give Evans some help in the backcourt, but it isn't possible because Grunfeld has a man crush on our only PG not named John Wall.

why do you want to trade Blatche? I've never seen him play, but his stats look good and he has a manageable contract.

He's a headcase. We're trying to rebuild, we shipped out one headcase (Arenas), and now have another on our hands. We want a clean slate here, and develop a new nucleus. Blatche is terrible on defense, he's an average rebounder, and doesn't know how to play like a big man. He stands at the three point line, waits for the ball (it will be passed to him because he's our only capable offensive weapon outside of Nick), tries to cross up his defender, and ends up either getting it stolen, or tosses up a prayer.

This is not to say he won't break out and become a star. I fully believe he has the ability to, but it won't happen in DC. He either needs to change his mentality and accept the role of a big man, or he will end up as a first option putting up big numbers on a terrible team.

Hickson has been such a let down. I don't know if he just doesn't have the IQ to play this game or what. He's scored over 20 in a handful of games, but he's also been ineffective at times, only turning the ball over and making silly mistakes.

3 years ago when he made these mistakes we all thought he could become a star and those mistakes could be corrected. Presently, he looks the exact same as he did when he drafted him. No signs of progress at all, and it's frustrating. Maybe swapping Blatche and Hickson would be the best for both sides.

Hickson has been such a let down. I don't know if he just doesn't have the IQ to play this game or what. He's scored over 20 in a handful of games, but he's also been ineffective at times, only turning the ball over and making silly mistakes.

3 years ago when he made these mistakes we all thought he could become a star and those mistakes could be corrected. Presently, he looks the exact same as he did when he drafted him. No signs of progress at all, and it's frustrating. Maybe swapping Blatche and Hickson would be the best for both sides.

I'm no expert on Hickson nor have I seen many Cavs games this season, but it seems like he feeds off of penetration. He played great when LeBron was giving him those dump off passes deep in the post or whenever the Cavs tried to play with an uptempo offense. I think a huge reason for his ineffectiveness is because of the lack of dribble penetration on the team and because all of their guards are spot up shooters.

If that is indeed the case, then Hickson should be a good spark off the bench in Washington.