Battlefield 3

Lkr

http://i56.tinypic.com/105nzo2.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/64bf3pm1m.png

Frostbite 2 is primarily developed for DX11. XP & DX9 is _not_ supported, 64-bit OS is recommended. Lots of time to upgrade if you havent!

So far we officially know:

-It's releasing in the second half of 2011.

-It's DirectX 11.(DX11 is backwards compatible with DX10)

-It's multiplatform.

-It's by DICE.

-It's the first game on Frostbite 2.0.

-There will be technology sessions about it at GDC.

-There will be a beta sometime before the game releases. Beta keys came with some copies of Medal of Honor.

-The developers have referred to it as the true successor to Battlefield 2.

Also hints at mod tools and map editors making a comeback!

This might be the game that gets me back in the swing of xbox. I quickly realized the COD series is burning me out, I don't enjoy them that much anymore. I loved Bad Company 1, didn't buy BC2 because I blew on my money on other things...but this and Gears 3 are what I am wating for.

bad company is a spin off of battlefield. so if you played bad company first and like that, battlefield 3 is going to be like conquest, but wayyyyyy bigger. if its like bad company 2, then dice has failed to capture what battlefield is.

battlefield was about that, a big [expletive] space like a battlefield. Maps so big it would have jets because it would take 8 minutes to walk to one part of the map, transport choppers for jeeps and tanks because of the vastness.

battlefield 3 will be gimped on 360 and ps3 no doubt. ill prob get it on pc. the control of the mouse and its accuracy cant be beat.

if you are a fan of battlefield 1 and 2 then its prob going back to that formula. if you hate bad company, then good for you because this should be nothing like it.

it should pretty much be 64 player conquest mode with destructible buildings and tanks,jets,choppers, transportation.

i love me bad company 2, but it doesnt touch the fun of battlefield 2.

• 5 weeks later...

64 players confirmed

Prone will be present

true successor to BF2

will include singleplayer/coop campaign(yuck)

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/02/04/battlefield-3-is-coming-preorder-now.aspx##

wow its coming out sooner than i expected. as much as i like bfbc bf2 with 64 is soo much better

ffs not prone...

why yuck for coop?

• 2 months later...