Kahn predicts Darko will be an all-star

Timberwolves general manager David Kahn raised eyebrows on Monday when he predicted that Darko Milicic will one day be an All-Star in the NBA.

Kahn made the proclamation during Monday night's Fox Sports North telecast of the Minnesota-Boston game.

"...I met with Darko today because I hadn't talked to him in awhile, and I think there's just still so much more to come," Kahn said.

"And I think that we expect it out of him. It's not enough, is what I'm trying to say. We think that Darko can actually get to sort of a near All-Star if not All-Star level. There's not a lot of quality centers in our sport. There's no reason to think that a year from now if Darko were to continue his trajectory upwards, he couldn't be in the mix about a year from now for the All-Star game."

Milicic is averaging 9.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.4 blocks in 24.2 minutes per game this season.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70959/20110105/kahn_predicts_darko_will_be_an_all_star/#ixzz1ABdK614P

At firs this statement appears laughable but not when you dig into the numbers. Darko's statistics this year have been at the very least respectable and he's getting it done at just 24 minutes per game. In the 36 minute per game stat Darko is averaging 13.8 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 3.4 blocks per game. Not bad at all, he certainly has the potential to grow considering he's still 25 years old. What Darko needs to improve on is his confidence and consistency (maybe rebounding too) and he'll be a fine center.