Bosh had 2x as Many AS Votes in Toronto

Check my Stats

When Chris Bosh decided to leave the Raptors to sign with the Heat, he was seeking additional national exposure in addition to a better chance to win.

While Bosh is unquestionably on a better team this season, the attention has been more difficult to quantify.

According to the Raptors, Bosh had 553,230 all-star votes through the second returns last season.

This season, Bosh has received just 260,007 votes through the second returns this season.

Kind of funny really.

I don't find this surprising. In Toronto it was Bosh's team, in Miami he's sharing the spotlight with two superstars. I think everyone knew he would be the "third wheel" in that big three, seems like less people pay attention now that he's quietly doing his thing.

^ definitely should.. He's still I an all star caliber player. Just because he had a bad 10-15 first games doesn't mean he's not the same player he's been playing great since then. Definitely should be an all-star.

Amare gets the nod, easily. He should start, followed by Garnett and Boozer (although I'm sure KG will end up winning through those fan votes).

Not sure if Boozer really deserves it more. His numbers really aren't that much better (20/10 on 15 shots with a 28 USG% compared to Bosh's 19/8 on 14 shots with a 23 USG%) despite being more involved in his teams offense and he will have missed at least 15 games of the season. Bosh will be on a team with a better record as well, although you can make the argument that Boozer has a larger impact on his team than Bosh does.

I wouldn't say that it would be a robbery or anything like that if Boozer made the team over Bosh, but as of right now I think that Bosh is more deserving of a spot in the All-Star game than Boozer. It is close, though.