End of the world 2012 thread

fish7718

Got less than 2 years left people, figured I'd kick off this thread.

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012,[1][2][3] which is said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed.

A New Age interpretation of this transition posits that during this time Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era.[4] Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios posited for the end of the world include the Earth's collision with a passing planet (often referred to as "Nibiru") or black hole, or the arrival of the next solar maximum.

Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of catastrophe in 2012. Mainstream Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the existing classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[3][5] The modern Maya do not consider the date significant, and the classical sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[6]

Additionally, astronomers and other scientists have rejected the apocalyptic forecasts as pseudoscience, stating that the anticipated events are contradicted by simple astronomical observations.[7] NASA has compared fears about 2012 with those about the Y2K bug in the late 1990s, suggesting that an adequate analysis should preclude fears of disaster.[7] None of the proposed alignments or formulas have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

MORE

The signs are there for all to see – the end of the world is coming.

Dead birds are falling from the sky, lifeless fish are washing up on the shore… in America’s deep south, religious leaders are preaching that the Apocalypse is here.

It started with some 3,000 red-winged blackbirds tumbling from the skies above the small town of Beebe, Arkansas, shortly before midnight on New Year’s Eve.

And a week later, a river 125 miles away was flowing with the silvery dead bodies of up to 100,000 drum fish.

From the United States to Sweden, from Britain to Brazil, bizarre cases of birds, fish and even crabs dying en masse have been reported in the past two weeks.

Explanations have ranged from lightning and hail, fireworks or power lines, to far-fetched Government cover-ups.

In Arkansas, dead birds were “littering the streets, the gardens, everywhere,” said Robby King, a state wildlife officer.

“It was hard to drive down the street in some places without running them over.”

The carcasses were scraped up and sent to be tested for toxins and disease.

At about the same time, hundreds of miles north on the Maryland coast of Chesapeake Bay, tens of thousands of dead spot and croaker fish also washed up.

MORE

So what do we think of this? Any believers? If there are please post more on the mayan theories that have come true.

Rapture yall. Look at all this [expletive] happening right now, but people want to poke fun at it and think its a big joke.

Ok dont even take it seriously. Ignore all the evidence out there, the bible said you would anyway.

Edit : And idk what the deal with 2012 is, it does make sense because with all the technology and stuff that is out there right now, and with everything going on in government, entertainment, and all that stuff could be signs. But I dont take 2012 seriously because NOBODY knows when its going to happen. But at the end of the day it does make sense for it to be soon.

Edited by kingfish

Rapture yall. Look at all this [expletive] happening right now, but people want to poke fun at it and think its a big joke.

Ok dont even take it seriously. Ignore all the evidence out there, the bible said you would anyway.

Edit : And idk what the deal with 2012 is, it does make sense because with all the technology and stuff that is out there right now, and with everything going on in government, entertainment, and all that stuff could be signs. But I dont take 2012 seriously because NOBODY knows when its going to happen. But at the end of the day it does make sense for it to be soon.

Better start converting your garden shed.

Well someone better damn well figure it out. I don't want to spend the last 2 years of my life in school if we are all going to die.

I doubt it would happen though....I mean if a bunch of animals die off by the end of this year then I would worry.

imagine how freaked out people would get if birds started dropping from the sky :lol:

They already have...

BEEBE, Ark. — Environmental service workers finished picking up the carcasses on Sunday of about 2,000 red-winged blackbirds that fell dead from the sky in a central Arkansas town.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/02/dead-birds-fall-from-sky-akansas_n_803358.html

I guess it's just a sign of worse things to come.

Loughner is accused of killing six people, including an aide to Giffords and a 9-year-old girl who was born on Sept. 11, 2001.

SOURCE

:blink:

I'm sure that's unrelated to anything, but I'm sure some will take it as some sign of the apocalypse.

Maybe by 2012 all the birds will die out? Who needs them anyway lol

I am sure this is all once massive coincidence...in fact, it probably happens a lot and people just pay attention to it now since we are only 2 years away from this. Not once in 2010 did people care about animals dying. The second 2011 came around, people start caring about all these animals dying out of nowhere.

BTW, I know the Falcon post was referring to the football team losing to the Packers.....just in case I sound like an idiot in this post.

Edited by SRV

• 1 month later...