2011 MLS SuperDraft

Dash

I've heard rumors about the Whitecaps trading from 1 to 3 with DC United I believe. Apparently DC wants Kitchen or the kid from Akron. Either way, it'll be fun to watch as we'll be watching the new wave of kids for our new program here in Vancouver. Never been an MLS fan before but this should be fun, the Whitecaps might not be too bad either.

I'm gonna be out all day, let me know who the Union get though!

Will do, I'll probably be posting after every other pick. I think the Union will end up with either Kofi Sarkodie or Zarek Valentin.

I've heard rumors about the Whitecaps trading from 1 to 3 with DC United I believe. Apparently DC wants Kitchen or the kid from Akron. Either way, it'll be fun to watch as we'll be watching the new wave of kids for our new program here in Vancouver. Never been an MLS fan before but this should be fun, the Whitecaps might not be too bad either.

Darlington Nagbe is the consensus #1 pick but Joao Plata has been making some noise in the combine, and its been rumored that Nagbe may not want to play for the Whitecaps. A trade down to #3 wouldn't be a bad move at all for Vancouver especially if Perry Kitchen slips past the Timbers somehow and they pick up another player and/or pick.

Edited by Dash

Will do, I'll probably be posting after every other pick. I think the Union will end up with either Kofi Sarkodie or Zarek Valentin.

Yeah I'm hoping for Sarkodie or Anibaba, thought Valentin wouldn't be too bad either. We need a defender alongside Cahill in the worst way. Defense was far too porous last year.

Yeah I'm hoping for Sarkodie or Anibaba, thought Valentin wouldn't be too bad either. We need a defender alongside Cahill in the worst way. Defense was far too porous last year.

Could also look midfielder, with Fred leaving through the re-entry draft... Plata? Ampaipitakwong?

If it weren't for AEG, I think the Dynamo would be in a much worse situation (assuming they can sign a DP) than the Union. Both have pitiful defenses but despite having a superstar in Brian Ching, they still need help in just about every aspect of the game. I already mentioned our defense, goalkeeper Pat Onstad just retired, Ching can't carry the load on offense anymore and we desperately need a finisher. We're fine at midfielder though after making several trades stock up on them.

With all of the potential midfielders with the Caps second first-round pick and the first pick of the second round, I wouldn't be surprised if they took Nagbe. Hopefully he does want to play in Vancouver, it's a great city.

Regardless of whom the Caps pick first, I think Vancouver fans will be pleased with the outcome. Essentially they have 3 first round draft picks in a deep draft, management would have to be utterly retarded to screw this up.

Could also look midfielder, with Fred leaving through the re-entry draft... Plata? Ampaipitakwong?

There will be tons of decent midfielders in the second round, it would be best to get a defensive stopper first.

One midfielder that is projected to go in the second round, Josue Soto, may be crossed off the draft list. Dynamo own his rights and have offered him a contract.

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2011/1/11/1929257/dynamo-to-offer-contract-to-academy-product-josue-soto

^Very much lol.

Apparently the Dynamo don't have much interest in picking Omar Salgado even if he available at their pick. I don't understand this, I know we want to win now but its tough to pass up on talent like Salgado. Lots of moves the Dynamo can make with the pick though, they have been rumored to possibly trading up, trading down or even trading their only pick for a proven player. Our top targets are probably Will Bruin and Joao, if we trade down then I'm almost certain its for John Rooney.

Edited by Dash

Darlington Nagbe is the consensus #1 pick but Joao Plata has been making some noise in the combine, and its been rumored that Nagbe may not want to play for the Whitecaps. A trade down to #3 wouldn't be a bad move at all for Vancouver especially if Perry Kitchen slips past the Timbers somehow and they pick up another player and/or pick.

What?

http://www.ethansenglishcafe.com/wpblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/orly_bush.jpg

Whitecaps taking Omar Salgado #1 overall is a shocker, there was a good chance that he could have been available at their next pick at #8.

Union take goalkeeper Zac MacMath, didn't see that coming either.

New England takes AJ Soares, decent pick.

Dynamo up next, Will Bruin and Joao Plata both are available along with some good defenders. They're in a great position right now.

Edit: I didn't realize that Sarkodie is available as well, wow.

Edited by Dash

Wow Corey Hertzog and Will Bruin continue to drop. Timbers could take either one and form a very deadly forward combo for the future and the Red Bulls could use a replacement for Angel.

Chivas acquires the 14th pick for allocation money and take Victor Estupinan. Heard some good things about him during the combine and Houston seemed to like him as well.