Should the Suns deal Nash?

The Truth

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes without a doubt they should trade Nash. What I dont understand is why are they not involved with the Nuggets and Nets right now. Nets have alot to offer in terms of youth and Melo wants stars around him so they can win right now who better to pass the ball to Melo and Lopez than Nash?

Well I'm sure the Suns do like Favors, but other than him I'm not too sure. We could take in Kenyon Martin's contract for the Nuggets... but I doubt the Nets or Nuggets would be interested in Nash as the Nuggets are trying to rebuild and the Nets are getting Billups.

From a Suns' fan point of view... I'll be honest, I think right now the Suns are best to get rid of Nash. If we wait, he'll only get older which makes things harder in terms of trading. I'd rather trade him now for a young power-forward.

I don't think Dragic is ready...but keeping Nash won't solve the problem either. If the right offer comes along, I think the Suns should pull the trigger. Let Nash and Hill make one last run at a Championship while continue to rebuild without them.

I don't think Dragic is ready...but keeping Nash won't solve the problem either. If the right offer comes along, I think the Suns should pull the trigger. Let Nash and Hill make one last run at a Championship while continue to rebuild without them.

Dragic turns 25 in a few months. that makes him at least a couple years older than guys like Evans, Curry, and Rose.

Edited by HOV

^Do you think Dragic can control a team as well as guys like Curry and Rose though? He has only 3 years of experience in the NBA nevertheless and given that the Suns had been looking for their identity in almost two of those years it is hard to say whether Dragic can control a team for 30+ minutes as of now.

^Do you think Dragic can control a team as well as guys like Curry and Rose though? He has only 3 years of experience in the NBA nevertheless and given that the Suns had been looking for their identity in almost two of those years it is hard to say whether Dragic can control a team for 30+ minutes as of now.

three years is quite a bit of time lol. there's guys who start for teams as soon as they get in the league. I don't see a problem with starting him when he has three years of experience playing behind Nash and he's already almost 25.

While I don't think Dragic is really a long term solution as a starting point for the Phoenix Suns (his numbers are barely even mediocre this year), it makes too much sense for both Steve Nash, as well as the Suns organization, to part ways. If I am the Suns I am not really looking for pieces in return as much as I am for teams to take on the likes of Childress, Dudley, Frye, Warrick, etc.

The Suns are right in that dreaded treadmill area, they aren't good enough to make the playoffs, but aren't bad enough to grab a really good prospect. Trading Steve Nash would establish a direction for this team and get them out of the worst position a franchise can be in, right in the late lotto.

A team like Atlanta could desperately use Steve Nash. If they put him on the block I am sure a ton of teams would come knocking for him.

Edited by Check my Stats

I think Dragic is still trying to find his niche though, same for the Suns. He is a good sparkplug off the bench but I don't think he can lead.

dude, whatever bro. you make it sound like mission impossible lol. he plays 25-30 minutes and someone picks up the rest. I don't see the big deal.

While I don't think Dragic is really a long term solution as a starting point for the Phoenix Suns (his numbers are barely even mediocre this year), it makes too much sense for both Steve Nash, as well as the Suns organization, to part ways.

well, in all fairness, Dragic is barely averaging nineteen minutes a game this year. with more playing time and focus on defense, I think he can become a fine starting point guard.

If I am the Suns I am not really looking for pieces in return as much as I am for teams to take on the likes of Childress, Dudley, Frye, Warrick, etc.

why should they trade Dudley? he's young and talented and has an extremely manageable contract. they should trade Hill and keep Dudley.

The Suns are right in that dreaded treadmill area, they aren't good enough to make the playoffs, but aren't bad enough to grab a really good prospect. Trading Steve Nash would establish a direction for this team and get them out of the worst position a franchise can be in, right in the late lotto.

that's what I'm sayin.

A team like Atlanta could desperately use Steve Nash. If they put him on the block I am sure a ton of teams would come knocking for him.

I don't think a whole lot of teams would be interested in Nash because a lot of them already have franchise point guards. outside of Atlanta, I can't really think of anyone who'd want Nash. obviously, the non-contenders won't be interested and most contending teams are already set at that position.

What I think Dragic needs is the oppurtunities and confidence... because I think he already has the talent to start.