What will increase activity?

Real Deal

I think its just that part of the year, when we start getting into the home stretch (after allstar break) everyone will pick it up because the season will be getting that much more intense. Like the players say it is the roughest part of the season right now.

You also could buy everyone NBA league pass, I am willing to bet fish's life that the actvity picks up. Just a thought lol.

Edited by ChosenOne

(that's what I do for my forum)

I created a facebook recruiting account, added a lot of people that followed the NBA and asked them to join. Sorry I can't do it for you guys right now because I'm really busy from my other forums. Maybe one day...

I think school is taking up a lot of guys' time now. When this board was first up we were all in either HS or MS, now most of us are in college and its taking up a lot of our time it seems so a lot of the guys have less time to log onto the boards because they're either studying or working.

The trolls/baiters don't help either.

The draft.

This season is just depressing. I just want it to finish already.

On a more serious note, I think what Flash said is a large part of the reason for the dip in activity. I haven't been able to watch a full game, outside of the Clipper/Miami one the other night, in about a month and that is including Raptor games. With college, work and studying, there just isn't nearly as much time to come onto message boards and post about games that you weren't even able to watch. It is pretty hard to post anything of substance when you are just going off of box scores and things like that.

• Like 2

I think school is taking up a lot of guys' time now. When this board was first up we were all in either HS or MS, now most of us are in college and its taking up a lot of our time it seems so a lot of the guys have less time to log onto the boards because they're either studying or working.

This pretty much sums it up.

But to increase activity, we need new young dedicated members. It's really that simple.

I also have no idea how we would go about getting those new members. :lol:

• Owner

Five or six years ago, message boards would fall due to others swooping in and drawing interest, stealing members just because they were brand new and interesting.

Now, it seems like Twitter is killing activity. I've seen so many people talk on Twitter while they are watching games...shooting off multiple tweets about the game. Stuff like that kills message board activity.

To be honest, it's probably the biggest challenge yet...running a board with Twitter being as dominant as it is right now. Numerous sources will hit up Twitter with current news way, way before even a radio station or a news channel (ex. ESPN) will, and by the time it's posted on OTR, everyone already knows about it and have talked about it on Twitter, or on Facebook.

There's a reason why IPB has a lot of social networking features, such as status messages. Social networks are proving to be the site killers. News sites, message boards...it's getting tough to run these nowadays.

Just need to recruit, it really has nothing to do with college, I see a ton of you posting a fair amount over the past few days. We have a good group of active posters, a large group of posters who will stop by every now and then, but we need more posters overall to keep the activity on a consistent basis.. That's really been our biggest problem the last year or so.

Just need to recruit, it really has nothing to do with college, I see a ton of you posting a fair amount over the past few days. We have a good group of active posters, a large group of posters who will stop by every now and then, but we need more posters overall to keep the activity on a consistent basis.. That's really been our biggest problem the last year or so.

Talk to me again when you are in college and lets see how your opinion changes.

• Like 1